We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pink Shell Resort

chicago
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pink Shell Resort

I was wondering on what level would you compare the Pink Shell? Nicer than a Marriott or Hilton? Or on a scale of a Best Western/Holiday Inn? I'm looking for a nice hotel with a really nice pool area/bar.

Thank you

Utica, Michigan
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pink Shell Resort

Look no more! The Pink Shell is much nicer than Holiday Inn/BW visit their website.

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
386 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pink Shell Resort

Hi Cougars91. Didn't you ask this question before when you were comparing FMB, Destin, Marco Island, Naples and other areas?

The concenses was that The Pink Shell is probably the nicest hotel on the beach. Diamond Head comes in second.

It sounds like you are having a hard time deciding on where to go for your vacation. Are you going on each city's Chamber website to get more detailed information? Maybe visit a local travel agent to get their feel of each of these places. If anything, they can offer you more websites to browse and compare.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pink Shell Resort

Pink Shell is better than your typical HI or BW but probably not as nice as a really "fancy" Marriott or Hilton in a big city. Part of that is just the nature of being on the beach. If you are looking for a classy, upscale pool/bar area, this is not the place to go. The pool/bar area at the Pink Shell is more casual with a good bit of activity from kids running and screaming around the pool.

chicago
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pink Shell Resort

Yes I am having a hard time deciding!

chicago
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pink Shell Resort

Traveler 16...can you recommend any other hotels in FLA that are nice with upscale pool and bar?

texas
Level Contributor
433 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pink Shell Resort

Pink Shell is a beautiful place. The pool is amazing!! Great staff, 2 restaurants, and good location!

Enjoy!

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pink Shell Resort

I don't know of specific hotels, but if you're looking for upscale, you might check Bonita/Naples/Marco Island or perhaps Sarasota or St. Pete. I don't know of any upscale places on FMB but perhaps another local will know of one. Pink Shell's outdoor bar is by no means not nice, but it is casual.

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
386 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pink Shell Resort

I agree with 16Traveler16.

When you mention that you want a really nice pool, I think of nice rock foundation, swim-up bars, wrap around pool, maybe a black bottom, zero-entrance into the shallow end, etc....we swam in a lot of them in Hawaii. Pink Shell is the nicest, but it's not 5 star compared to many others I have seen. Besides, it is usually full of screaming kids.

They have a very small semi-outdoor restaurant on the second floor called Jo-Jo's. We only go for their bread pudding but not when it's in the summer because the flies and mosquitos get to you after sundown. They carry bug spray for the guests but it's a little un-nerving to be eating beside a group of people who are spraying Deet right beside you while you are trying to enjoy your food.

They could have designed the hotel a lot better to take advantage of being gulf front.

Utica, Michigan
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Pink Shell Resort

FYI Jo-Jo's @ Pink Shell is one of the best kept secrets on FMB. They have outstanding food a very nice selection of entrees & appetizers and an awesome view. They put some of the restaurants in the Times Square area to shame based on the above criteria. Hey, this is Gulf Coast Florida, stop looking for 5 stars and put on your flip-flops, prop up a beach chair and let the only worry you have is whether the tide is going to reach your chair!

texas
Level Contributor
433 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pink Shell Resort

I agree with the reply above!! Pink Shell is gorgeous! If you wanna spend alot of money head to Naples or Marco Island, but for FMB Pink Shell in my opinion is top notch! No matter where you decide...west florida is amazing and has alot to offer!!!

How long are you planning on staying? Depending on the length of your stay, you could consider staying at a few places. Naples, Marco Island, Sanibel, Captiva and even Sarasota and Venice are very reasonable drives. Whatever you do...

Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach
Recent Conversations