We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bowditch Point Park

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
829 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Bowditch Point Park

Hi everyone,

We are staying at Kona Beach Club for 2 weeks over Xmas. Can we walk the beach from there to Bowditch Point Park? (We are just a few minutes from Times Square) I know there is some good shelling to be had at Lover's Key...but it looks like it's all the way down the other end from where we are. Does anybody do any shelling at Bowditch? Or on the walk to it?

Thank you,

-Surf:)

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bowditch Point Park

It would be a long walk for me but if your a walker I am sure you can do it. Remember you have to walk to and back which doubles the walk. If you know how to use google earth, you can get the exact milage. Mapquest can also help.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
829 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bowditch Point Park

Thanks, Daisy10.

Anybody know about shelling conditions on Bowditch Point Park?

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
320 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bowditch Point Park

Yes, you can walk. It's only 1/2 mile according to Google maps. Really, it is close and the beach is nice. The re-nourishment should be done by then, so it will be very wide and easy to walk also.

I have not seen any shells really at Bowditch. Especially now as they are adding sand during the re-nourishment. The best shelling on FMB seems (to me at least) to be around mid-island.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
829 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bowditch Point Park

Thanks again for the update on Bowditch. Re-nourishment is nice too! I can't wait to get there.

So, around mid-Island for shelling? Any landmarks that you might be able to give me so I would know where to look?

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
320 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bowditch Point Park

Yes. Just walk on the beach unti l you see shells on the ground :-p

Seriously though, I'd say mid-island area. Near Publix is a parking spot and beach access and I've found that was about the best on FMB. Now Sanibel will have a much better selection if you feel like driving a bit.

texas
Level Contributor
433 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bowditch Point Park

Bowditch Park is a great place to walk. Yes, there are shells, but the best shelling is as you head south on the island. The water gets clearer and you get away from the river. There is beach access all along Estero Blvd, plenty of parking.

Enjoy!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
829 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bowditch Point Park

Awesome, thank you both. We will be checking out Sanibel for sure but wanted to know if there was a good place near us for when we are sticking close to 'home'.

Thank you again, for all the tips!

8. Re: Bowditch Point Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach