We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Key West

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
248 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Key West

What is the best ferry from Ft. Myer to Key West? where does it dock in Key West? Are there any discounts for seniors? Is there a website you can refer me to?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,444 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Key West

There is only one ... google Key West Express.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Key West

wwwseakeywest.com

It leaves Salty Sams and 3 hours later you're in the port at Key West, the return trip is at sunset and you miss Mallory Square so a lot of folks stay the night.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Key West

I would, for sure, spend the night. We didn't and we only had a couple of hours in Key West before we had to get back in line for the trip back.

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
320 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Key West

If you can't spend a night, it's not really worth the trip. You'll be able to walk around for about 3 hours and then get in line to take the ferry back. On the way down, there's no security you just get on the boat. On the way up, they leave from an actual shipping terminal which is government (federal?) controlled so there's security, metal detectors, etc. You have to plan for that in your time to get back on the boat.

I tried a day trip once, and won't ever do that again. Go for at least 1 night, or more if you have time for it.

Level Contributor
248 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to Key West

thanks, we will be staying two nights in Key West. Wanted to ask if there are some reasonably priced places to stay at Ft. Myer Beach the night before we take off on the ferry? Would appreciate your ideas.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry to Key West

yes, check out Lighthouse, Beacon Motel and Silver Sands=all at the base of the bridge. ps mention you are taking Key West Express

Oxford, Michigan
Level Contributor
33 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry to Key West

Any suggestions on where to stay in Key West for an overnight trip?

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry to Key West

I stayed at Duval House but ask the Folks at Key West Express and they can recommend where to stay in Key West. In FMB you leave the Motel early to catch the Ferry, In KW you leave at Sunset but check out time is early so they will have recommendations and you will want to leave your luggage somewhere for the day? Ask where the Keno sandal factory is, great shoes at great prices, my 1st pair was $7.00 and I still have them.

uk
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry to Key West

Are you able to leave your car safely overnight at the FMB ferry landing?

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry to Key West

yes, quite a few people do