We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct Air flights canceled - no money for fuel?

Niagara Falls, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Direct Air flights canceled - no money for fuel?

I heard that Direct Air was cut off from one of their fuel suppliers for overdue bills tonight and were delayed allmost 90 minutes from Sanford to PGD then canceled the Niagara flight to PGD and the leasee had to purchase fuel themselves in otder to get their aircraft back to MIA on their own... this is scary for a public charter as they have several hundred of my dollars for family trips in Ocober and November

Edited: 13 March 2012, 01:39
Hoosick Falls, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct Air flights canceled - no money for fuel?

OMG! we are scheduled to leave on March 25th! It looks like they may be going bankrupt!

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct Air flights canceled - no money for fuel?

I would definitely phone your TA right away to see what is happening. It doesn't sound good, that's for sure.

Edited: 13 March 2012, 18:30
Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,575 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct Air flights canceled - no money for fuel?

http://www.visitdirectair.com/

Not looking good for those booked. I guess "operational matters" would include paying your fuel bills.

Edited: 13 March 2012, 18:43
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,119 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct Air flights canceled - no money for fuel?

I heard recently where a plane frm Paksitan to the UK forced the passengers to stump up 25K between them to pay for fuel to get home (they had stopped for fuel in another country and it was a charter I htink?)

Bad news for PGD and other APs that don't have a lot of other flights.

Hoosick Falls, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct Air flights canceled - no money for fuel?

It is true :(

We had to find new flights on another airline, for more money of course. This is what Direct Air had to say:

"Direct Air finds it necessary to suspend flight operation from Tuesday, March 13, 2012 until May 15, 2012. This decision was made to address operational matters. We are currently evaluating strategic alternatives for Direct Air.

Direct Air is committed to our passengers, employees, and the communities we serve.

Please check back to our website for more details.

Very Truly Yours,

Direct Air"

GRANDMA MAC WAS RIGHT!

Edited: 14 March 2012, 00:46
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,119 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct Air flights canceled - no money for fuel?

Yes, Gramma has been warning us of possible trouble with this airline for a while now

Feel sorry for all those vactioners.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct Air flights canceled - no money for fuel?

They will not be back in operation.

Hoosick Falls, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct Air flights canceled - no money for fuel?

We fly in this weekend, with Allegiant Air. Wish me luck!

9. Re: Direct Air flights canceled - no money for fuel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 08:40
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach