We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Around?

Boston...
Level Contributor
110 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Around?

Hi. Any suggestions for the best, most cost efficient way to get from Ft. Myers airport to Ft. Myers Beach? Is a car necessary while staying on Estero Island? I hadn't planned on renting one. Your thoughts and help is appreciated! Thanks :)

Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
680 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Around?

you can take the #50 bus from the airport to Summerlin Square, then transfer to the trolley. Depending on where you plan to stay you may have to change trolleys. Find the schedule here: www.rideleetran.com.

On island you don't need a car. You can take the trolley, a cab, or a rickshaw. The island is only 7.5 miles long, you can walk pretty much anywhere. You can rent a bike or a scooter.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
654 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Around?

Hotwire has some really great deals right now. I was able to get a mid-sized car from RSW for $12 day!

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Around?

WOW, a cab is 50 + each way, that would be a GR8 deal.

Boston...
Level Contributor
110 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Around?

Thanks all. Yeah, I was thinking a cab from the airport might work. Then the trolley up and down the island. Not sure. Waiting for more input....

Georgia
Level Contributor
392 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Around?

Great thread thanks - and thanks for the hotwire tip. Planning a trip for roughly 5/3-7. I checked the trolley website, but don't understand stops. We're staying near Santini Plaza, so if we get on it Northbound - can we get off near Publix? I don't see each of the stops.

Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
680 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Around?

The trolley has now changed over to summer hours, so be sure to notice there are fewer trolleys and longer times between stops. The schedule is confusing because it only shows primary stops and not all those in between. Yes, you can catch the trolley near Santini and there is a stop right at Publix. Just ask the driver to tell you when you are getting close if you are not familiar with the landmarks.

7. Re: Getting Around?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:43
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach