We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Myers Beach in May???

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
258 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Fort Myers Beach in May???

Buying son and fiance a 5 night trip in mid may as a college grad gift. Just found cheap last minute air. Need recommended lodging close to fun restaurants, bars and nightlife. Definitely on the beach with chairs included. Also a kitchen for eating in. Any recommendatios? Doesnt have to be fancy but does have to be clean and on a good stretch of beach and within walking distance to Square etc if possible. Thanks!

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Myers Beach in May???

College Student? then the Lani Kai

http://www.lanikaiislandresort.com/

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort Myers Beach in May???

X 2, and they usually have to redo the rooms after Spring Break!

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort Myers Beach in May???

The Lanai Kaii is disgusting, just my humble opinion, it is party central and not what I think a young couple would be looking for. I would recommend the Neptune Inn or the Best Western or the Sandpiper Gulf resort altho the Sandpiper is more mid island but it is usually reasonably priced . Maybe the Edison House ....very close to the pier and town.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fort Myers Beach in May???

Have you seen their new website? Unless they use stock photos from the computer, it looks nice and he is a College Grad....

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fort Myers Beach in May???

tripadvisor.com/…18921140

This is a previous post of that place

also

Here are some of the reviews

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34231-d270515-…

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fort Myers Beach in May???

Floridajoy, I know and have never recommended LK but did you see their new website? and the fact that he is young and may enjoy LK.

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fort Myers Beach in May???

Beachbratz- I checked out the website....and I think the photos make it look nicer then it probably is...but like you said they are young and might like it. Sorry, but I just can't recommend it especially after reading the many recent reviews.... and I usually agree with everything you post.

But this is just my humble opinion.

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
321 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fort Myers Beach in May???

The Lani Kai website may be new, but the atmosphere sure isn't. I would only recommend it to young single college kids who are looking to hook up.

9. Re: Fort Myers Beach in May???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:41
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach