We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best section of the beach to stay at on FMB?

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lowell OH
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best section of the beach to stay at on FMB?

My cousin and I (including our spouses) are coming to Fort Myers the end of January for a last minute trip. The guys are going to be doing alot of golfing. Us girls just want to relax, walk on the beach, and visit with each other. What are the best areas to stay at? Or is there another area close by that would be just as nice as Fort Myers Beach? My cousin has never been to Florida and wants to be by the water, see the sunset, etc. Thank you for your input.

texas
Level Contributor
433 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best section of the beach to stay at on FMB?

I highly recommend midisland and south. The north end is great, that is where Times Square is, but the water clarity is way better the further south you go on the island. And a little quieter, too.

Enjoy!

Lowell OH
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best section of the beach to stay at on FMB?

Thank you for your quick response! It was just the information I was looking for. I did find a few places in the San Carlos Bay area (Sanibel Harbour Resourt section). What about that location? Any thoughts?

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best section of the beach to stay at on FMB?

the sanibel harbor resort is not near ft myers beach, drivable but with jan traffilc it will take longer then usual.

it is located before the sanible bridge on the bay, you would have to drive to sanibel a $6 toll to cross over the bridge or drive to ft myers beach. consider the traffic this time of year before you make your decision. If you can find accomodations I would recommend staying at FMB.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,537 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best section of the beach to stay at on FMB?

I think you might enjoy the south end of FMB. I also like mid-island. If you can I would look for something on FMB gulf front on Estero Blvd..

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best section of the beach to stay at on FMB?

Birding is best at the north and south ends of the island. Wintering piping plovers and much more.

Lowell OH
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best section of the beach to stay at on FMB?

Thanks for the advice. I have been looking for beachfront places on FMB but have been having a hard time with availability; maybe because it's such short notice. I will keep looking.

Edited: 10 January 2013, 21:58
Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best section of the beach to stay at on FMB?

way south

Beach Castle, San Carlos Pointe, Islands End

near Santini

Crecsiente, Islands Reef, Holiday Inn, Outrigger

Going North

Estero Sands, Caper Beach Club

Keep Trying...85 today :)

Kentucky
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best section of the beach to stay at on FMB?

We started coming to FMB last year and found a villa (duplex) right across the street from the beach mid-island! SunSeeker is the name of it and the attached villa is named SunCatcher I believe. We rent it through Royal Shell. It is close enough we can walk to Junkanoos for pizza which we love to eat there! We don't like being directly downtown or to far south and have found this to be perfect for us. We love visiting Beach Baptist Church and walk to the services on Sunday morning when we come visit FMB. I agree with mamacita333 that Mid Island is the place to be!

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best section of the beach to stay at on FMB?

Try clicking on vacation rentals on this site maybe you will find something there.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best section of the beach to stay at on FMB?

I too think mid-island is best. You can walk to Times Square easily but it is quieter. Try The Neptune...right on the beach, clean and reasonably priced.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach