We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants In FMB - Just Our Opinion

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
245 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants In FMB - Just Our Opinion

We are getting settled back into the cold MN winter after 3 weeks on the beach. Already planning for next year… We like to eat out frequently and I/we would like to offer some insight to the places we were able to eat at this past Holiday season. Remember, these are only our opinion but we hope this provides some insight. Typically, there were 8 adults and a 2 ½ year old when we dined.

1. Yucatan – Dinner – We eat here every season and enjoy all aspects of the restaurant. Food was good but the service was a question mark this year. Waitress talked down the able for our orders rater than walking around the table as I would expect. Same when she brought the food – “pass it down please” - not the way it should be served.

2. Pete’s Time Out – several occasions – This is one of our favorite spots. After the meal the ladies head out to shop and the guys can just hang at Pete’s. Good food, good drink and a good view for people watching. Had their Grouper sandwich and the Grouper bites – great food at good price. The now have a full bar selection and have added Stella and Bud Light to their draft beer list. We all like this place year after year.

3. Beached Whale – Happy Hour (HH) This is a perennial favorite with good food, drinks all with a great view – Great experience

4. Nemo’s – HH – Stopped by on a Sunday during the football games. Our first visit and it was a good experience. It was busy but the food and service were good – worth the visit.

5. Zushi Sushi – Lunch – Only a couple like Sushi but we found plenty of items for those who desired something different. Awesome beer selection and the food was pretty good. Unfortunately, the service was horrid. The waitress seemed she did not want to be there and was slow and very soft spoken. We got our grandson’s meal after we were all done. We saw the food on the cooks counter and we went and picked it up. The cook said she didn’t turn it in until we were done. The waitress said the cooks forgot it. I side with the cooks. Worth the visit, but I hope you do not get the waitress we had.

6. Lin’s Chinese Take Out – Dinner (twice) – We order from here every year and the staff remembers us which is a nice touch. Food is very good and reasonably priced. We worth it if you like takie outtie.

7. Charlie’s Boathouse – Dinner – A FMB Classic which is always good. Great steaks and fish dishes along with the best salad bar in the area. I must say, the service was not the best.

8. Pincher’s @ the Holiday Inn – Lunch – Nice setting but that is about all the good I can offer. The food was average and the service was real S L O W. HH is all day which is kind of nice but not a real bargin for HH.

9. Fish House – dinner (twice) – This year was our first visit to the Fish House – why we did not go there previously is a question. The food, service, and view are great. This will be on out dinner menu in the years to come. The crunchy Grouper was awesome…give it a try if you haven’t.

10. Coconut Jack’s – Dinner – Our first visit since it became Jack’s. The food was excellent and the service was great. The best overall experience we had this year while eating out. Please go visit – you will enjoy it. Great atmosphere and views.

11. Bonefish Grill Hwy 41 – HH (twice) – the Bang Bang Shrimp and Chicken are outstanding. Drinks costs are reduced and HH last till 6:30 I think. Start at 4:00 and I suggest getting there closer to 4 than 6, it gets real busy. Great food and service – you will enjoy it. 25 minutes from mid island (shorter than heading downtown during high season). Head out the south side of the island to Hwy 41 then 2 miles north on Hwy 41 and it is on your right.

Enjoy your dining in FMB

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants In FMB - Just Our Opinion

A great big Thank You for your list. Great explanations of the where and the why of each place. Great reference for next trip....

Edited: 11 January 2013, 00:17
Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants In FMB - Just Our Opinion

Thanks for sharing, it was 86 yesterday!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants In FMB - Just Our Opinion

Being Fort Myers Beach "newbies" this year, your list will be very helpful...Thanks!

Ohio
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants In FMB - Just Our Opinion

beachbratz,

If you can guarantee 86 at the end of February we'll be there. Dang I'd rather be at the Beach Pub than up here in Ohio right now...

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,099 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants In FMB - Just Our Opinion

Just what we needed, a comprehensive list of full reviews all in one place!

Hibbing, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants In FMB - Just Our Opinion

Coconut Jack's - where is it and what did it used to be?

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants In FMB - Just Our Opinion

Great post MNTraveler. 86 degrees sounds like heaven to me, wish I could be there now. It looks like Fl is have a nice winter.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants In FMB - Just Our Opinion

correction--having.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants In FMB - Just Our Opinion

Coconut Jacks is South of us on Bonita Beach Rd, I think it was an Italian one called Vincenzo's? Its past Doc's Beach House but on the Bay side.

Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants In FMB - Just Our Opinion

You missed our favorite, The Cottage and Gulfshore. You haven't experienced a sunset unless you're been to Outrigger. Skye's is a great place for breakfast and Mexican. And if it's rainy Beach Theater here we come! Coconut Jacks good luck finding a parking space. Heavenly Biscuit cinammon rolls are to die for. Love Charley's Boathouse Grill salad bar.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach