We are getting settled back into the cold MN winter after 3 weeks on the beach. Already planning for next year… We like to eat out frequently and I/we would like to offer some insight to the places we were able to eat at this past Holiday season. Remember, these are only our opinion but we hope this provides some insight. Typically, there were 8 adults and a 2 ½ year old when we dined.
1. Yucatan – Dinner – We eat here every season and enjoy all aspects of the restaurant. Food was good but the service was a question mark this year. Waitress talked down the able for our orders rater than walking around the table as I would expect. Same when she brought the food – “pass it down please” - not the way it should be served.
2. Pete’s Time Out – several occasions – This is one of our favorite spots. After the meal the ladies head out to shop and the guys can just hang at Pete’s. Good food, good drink and a good view for people watching. Had their Grouper sandwich and the Grouper bites – great food at good price. The now have a full bar selection and have added Stella and Bud Light to their draft beer list. We all like this place year after year.
3. Beached Whale – Happy Hour (HH) This is a perennial favorite with good food, drinks all with a great view – Great experience
4. Nemo’s – HH – Stopped by on a Sunday during the football games. Our first visit and it was a good experience. It was busy but the food and service were good – worth the visit.
5. Zushi Sushi – Lunch – Only a couple like Sushi but we found plenty of items for those who desired something different. Awesome beer selection and the food was pretty good. Unfortunately, the service was horrid. The waitress seemed she did not want to be there and was slow and very soft spoken. We got our grandson’s meal after we were all done. We saw the food on the cooks counter and we went and picked it up. The cook said she didn’t turn it in until we were done. The waitress said the cooks forgot it. I side with the cooks. Worth the visit, but I hope you do not get the waitress we had.
6. Lin’s Chinese Take Out – Dinner (twice) – We order from here every year and the staff remembers us which is a nice touch. Food is very good and reasonably priced. We worth it if you like takie outtie.
7. Charlie’s Boathouse – Dinner – A FMB Classic which is always good. Great steaks and fish dishes along with the best salad bar in the area. I must say, the service was not the best.
8. Pincher’s @ the Holiday Inn – Lunch – Nice setting but that is about all the good I can offer. The food was average and the service was real S L O W. HH is all day which is kind of nice but not a real bargin for HH.
9. Fish House – dinner (twice) – This year was our first visit to the Fish House – why we did not go there previously is a question. The food, service, and view are great. This will be on out dinner menu in the years to come. The crunchy Grouper was awesome…give it a try if you haven’t.
10. Coconut Jack’s – Dinner – Our first visit since it became Jack’s. The food was excellent and the service was great. The best overall experience we had this year while eating out. Please go visit – you will enjoy it. Great atmosphere and views.
11. Bonefish Grill Hwy 41 – HH (twice) – the Bang Bang Shrimp and Chicken are outstanding. Drinks costs are reduced and HH last till 6:30 I think. Start at 4:00 and I suggest getting there closer to 4 than 6, it gets real busy. Great food and service – you will enjoy it. 25 minutes from mid island (shorter than heading downtown during high season). Head out the south side of the island to Hwy 41 then 2 miles north on Hwy 41 and it is on your right.
Enjoy your dining in FMB