We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our review of Fort Myers Beach

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Topic
Our review of Fort Myers Beach

My wife and I went to Ft Myers Beach from April 22 - 29. We found this the perfect time since it was after the spring break rush and let us get back to Indianapolis for the entire Month of May and The 500 activities. The weather was perfect. High 90, Low 70. We have been there twice before and stayed at The Sand Piper Inn (the bright yellow one on the beach). We love that place but went with another couple this year and wanted seperate rooms. We stayed at The Smuggler's Cove(condo's) which is right on the beach about three miles from the pier. Very nice place! Our favorite eating place still is The Smok'in Oyster Brewery (SOB) which is still on the island under the bridge. We had a half pound of steaming shrimp and liked them so much we went vback for a full pound two night later. They were almost like eating lobster. After that we went dancing and karokoing at The Top O Mast. Other great place for eats/drinks are Duesoldorf's (sp?) for the best selection of beer, The Matanza's Inn (under the bridge) The Parrot Key (on the other sie of the bridge) and a little hole in the wall some friends of ours led us to, Maria's! We had the all u can eat grouper for $11.95. They let you bring your own cooler full of drinks and have a talking parrot and cockatiel along with a dog and cat wandering around. The best Tiki Bar is in The Holiday Inn about a mile south of The Smugglers. Easy walk on the beach to and from there (unless you stay to long) FORT MYERS BEACH is our favorite place in FL!! I suggest you have a car there though. The trolley is fun, but the schedule (one about every hour and ten) is not the most reliable.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our review of Fort Myers Beach

Love your post-where is Maria's?

St. Joe, Indiana
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Our review of Fort Myers Beach

Hey Indybob- Thanks for the response on my topic. Where's maria's? Did you try the "island bread" at SOB's?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Our review of Fort Myers Beach

From the island if you go over the bridge stay on that main road. Maria's is just before some fancier seafood restaurant (can't remember the name of it) They are both on the left side of the road. Maria's has a bunch of plants outside it and is nestled in right where there are some fishing boats. It's a REAL small place. I didn't get the island bread. We didn't get past the oysters and shrimp, and of course the SOB Ale

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
264 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our review of Fort Myers Beach

Wonderful review. Thanks!!! I love FMB too.

5. Re: Our review of Fort Myers Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach