We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 Days in Feb!!! Things to do??

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
8 Days in Feb!!! Things to do??

We have a group of us staying in FMB in Feb for my wedding. We are looking to get out and experience as much as possible while we are on the island. We are thinking of doing the everglades adventure one day during our vacation. We were debating the key west express but are thinking against it because it would only be a day trip since we have already booked our stay in FMB. So my question to you that have experience with the island is .. What are some fun things to do? We are open to anything and everything. Just looking for some ideas for some fun while we our on the island. All suggestions are very much appreciated.

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
316 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 Days in Feb!!! Things to do??

Have you looked here

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g34231-Activitie…

And also searched this forum? This question comes up often and there are lots of responses and ideas if you search for them.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 Days in Feb!!! Things to do??

Yeah been doing a lot of searching. Pretty much read every forum post as well as every review on every attraction. Just wondering if anybody had any hidden gems or if something new has popped up?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 Days in Feb!!! Things to do??

As well as many of the suggestions in the forums are for places that are no longer in business. For example the everglades adventure that was brought up to me the most is nowhere on tripadvisor. Or my vacation to Clearwater or Miami I could easily write a 10 day itinerary of stuff to do that is off the beaten path or nowhere on Tripadvisor. Just looking for some feedback from you islanders. Thanks though

Hibbing, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 Days in Feb!!! Things to do??

Once you get on the beach you really won't care if you have anything else to do. It's beautiful!

Marshfield...
Level Contributor
86 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 Days in Feb!!! Things to do??

If you're into kayaking or canoeing, go to Lover's Key state park at the South end of FMB. You can rent either and wander through the estuaries or even into the open Gulf. Plenty of large shore birds and dolphins to keep you company.

There's a dinner/cruise/gambling boat that goes out daily and is a pretty good take. Leaves from under the bridge at the North end of FMB

And plenty of small boat tours to go shelling or island exploring. At the end of Captiva Island is a good dolphin cruise.

If you can give an idea what kinds of activities you and your group like, I might be able to come up with more.

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 Days in Feb!!! Things to do??

The only thing I can recommend is enjoying the area....get on the water....jet skies...maybe parasail...rent a pontoon for the day you should see many dolphins....explore lovers key....maybe a dolphin cruise...look for shells..take a walk on the pier in the evening....watch the sunset....that is what the area is about....very low key....if you want to go to Ft Myers maybe the Ford museum..

Dinner and drinks in the evening....maybe the tiki bar at the holiday Inn...enjoy!!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 Days in Feb!!! Things to do??

Thanks for the replies, we definitely want to relax and enjoy the beach as well as some exploring. We for sure want to check out lovers key.Dinner cruises and renting a pontoon sound great. Do all of the pontoon rentals have strict restrictions on the area you can take it?

Edited: 24 January 2013, 17:50
Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 Days in Feb!!! Things to do??

You will love the day on the pontoon pack a lunch maybe subs from publix...check out

www.fishtalemarina.com

that is where we rent from... the boats there are clean and very well kept....I think they have a coupon for Sundays...you have print out...check their site...yes they have restrictions you cannot go out into the gulf...which is fine...because you can take it into the inlets and anchor and walk to the gulf...I think there are other marinas that do allow you to take it into gulf....but fishtale is my favorite.

sometimes the dolphins come right up to the boat....

Boston...
Level Contributor
84 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 8 Days in Feb!!! Things to do??

Check out Lovers Key state park. It is a natural, rustic type of park/ beach. Once on their beach we walked to the far end where the water is absolutely gorgeous. Even my wife swam there, and she usually will not go in the water. Also baseball's spring training will be starting in Feb so if you like baseball both the Minnesota Twins and TheBoston Red Sox have their training camps and exhibition games there. The practices are free. Last yr. We were able to tour the new Jet Blue Stadium the Sox had built, this is located off the island in Fort Myers. To be honest though once the practice and tour was over we could not wait to get back to our paradise island on FMB. Take a stroll thru Times Square @ night. There is usualy live music in the center of T.S....free music to boot, you can walk the pier and watch the sunset, check out the fishermen plying their trade from the huge dock, grab a bite to eat, have drinks at one of the many bars, or if boozing isnt for you have an ice cream like we did. You will love it !

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 8 Days in Feb!!! Things to do??

Thank you to those that replied. Some helpful posts. Cant wait to be in FMB!!

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach