We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weird choice to make...help me decide!

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weird choice to make...help me decide!

Ok I have a day there that I can either go to the Naples Zoo OR to the big Flea Market hahaha, seriously, I LOVE animals and read the ones there are Very well cared for, the place is nice and clean and fun to be at, however, I live in Chicago so I have 2 great zoos and another awesome one in Milwaukee whereas I have never ever been to a flea market lol and am so curious about it! Soooooo torn and really, I just need MORE time there to do everything I want to do!!!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,193 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weird choice to make...help me decide!

Try to find out more about the flea market. They can be fun if they have actual used stuff, things people are cleaning out of their garage, attic, home, etc. Unfortunately many flea markets now have "New" stuff which is mostly cheap junk. There will be tables with cheap tools, clothing, etc. Some flea markets have an indoor air conditioned section which will have the new stuff. I do find good deals on cheap sunglasses and paperback books. The food vendors usually leave a lot to be desired too, not sure about the one in FMB.

Chicago
Level Contributor
201 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weird choice to make...help me decide!

I'm not sure where you live in Chicago, but there are quite a few in the area, just in case you don't make it to one in Florida. We go to a pretty large one in Alsip/Crestwood, right off the Tri-State Tollway @ 127th and Cicero.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weird choice to make...help me decide!

HI....really? Actually now that you mention it I see that one or at least the sign for it every time I come back from my son's house in Indy! Funny how I never thought about going to it! What do they have at the Alsip one?

I think Id mostly look, would not buy anything used, would not eat there...would maybe get some sun glasses, kids tshirts for the grandbabies if they have FL and or Disney ones....I hear they would be WAY cheaper there then at stores in town...although I could be way WRONG about that but really, mostly just to SEE it....on the other hand the zoo looks cool, nice place with well kept critters and not mega big like Brookfield and or Milw zoo's are..........

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weird choice to make...help me decide!

Here is the site for fleamasters in Ft Myers

http://fleamall.com/

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weird choice to make...help me decide!

Why not do both? You could spend the morning at the zoo and then swing by the Flamingo Island flea market on Bonita Beach Road on your way back to FMB. It would be just a couple miles out of your way from US 41.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weird choice to make...help me decide!

Good idea but if I go to one I want to go to the Fleamasters one and its way in the other direction, I believe! However, will probably go to that zoo instead...maybe lol! Thanks!

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weird choice to make...help me decide!

We love the Naples Zoo and I sure you will enjoy it. I have never been to the Flea market.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weird choice to make...help me decide!

I think so too, that I would love it so that is it! And its so reasonable, only $20 to get in, or $35 for an annual pass...I may buy the pass even if I never get back this year it would be a donation to the place which I am good with doing! Besides, at the flea market Id either buy a buncha stuff I dont need or buy nothing and be mad I wasted my time!

texas
Level Contributor
433 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weird choice to make...help me decide!

The Flamingo Island Flea Market in Bonita may not be as big, but it is really nicer than fleamaster! They have a ton of stuff in there and fleamasters has a ton of stuff, too, but just in a bigger version! Naples zoo is def worth visiting! Great staff and animals!!

Enjoy!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weird choice to make...help me decide!

Sounds good, thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach