We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there any good pizza in SW Florida?

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Is there any good pizza in SW Florida?

We've been visiting Ft. Myers Beach once or twice a year for over 15 years. Everytime we try pizza down here, we are disappointed. Now, I see the same pizza joints in business year after year. So clearly, people here like it. But it's just not what we are used to in the midwest (Ohio).

I would like to hear from any transplants, or frequent visitors from the north and midwest. Where can we get good pizze in Ft. Myers Beach or Bonita Springs?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there any good pizza in SW Florida?

We always like the pizza at Times Square there on the corner by Kilwins Ice Cream. Also we always visit Junkanno's on Tuesday evenings...it is a tradition!

Edited: 10 May 2013, 21:36
Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there any good pizza in SW Florida?

I agree with Lady Jen Citrola's and my favorite Junkanoo's

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there any good pizza in SW Florida?

I also really like Citrolas but I am assuming you have tried it and are not a fan. Could you tell us the type of pizza you like and maybe we could suggest something for you.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
530 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there any good pizza in SW Florida?

In answer to your question, no there is not any really good pizza on FMB.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there any good pizza in SW Florida?

Dockside had the best pizza on the Beach, it is served on the upper deck of Matanzas.

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there any good pizza in SW Florida?

Full time resident here-transplant from the Midwest. Pizza on FMB tends toward thin crusts and sparse toppings-closer to what I think of as NY or Boston pizza. The kind you can just about fold in half. We haven't found any place on the beach that we'd go back to for pizza. It's just a different style pizza. When we get a craving for pizza with some substance to it, we head to Chicago Pizza in Cape Coral for their deep dish. Or Aurelio's in Naples or Gulf Coast Town Center for regular pizza with lots of toppings.

Chicago
Level Contributor
199 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there any good pizza in SW Florida?

Aurelio's is a Chicago pizza chain. I was just at one last week and saw that they opened a location in Ft. Myers at the Gulf Coast Town Center.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there any good pizza in SW Florida?

Thanks everybody, for your responses. I think we will try Junkanoo.

Elwood, IL
Level Contributor
296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there any good pizza in SW Florida?

No to Junkanoo.. Dockside is about the best on the island. When I get desperate, I go up to Little Caesars.

Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there any good pizza in SW Florida?

Full time, long time resident here, transplanted from the northeast. Of course it's always open for debate, but IMO, the simple answer to your question is........ NO! Sorry.......

Edited: 30 May 2013, 23:49