We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time going to fort myers

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stockertown...
3 posts
Save Topic
first time going to fort myers

Flying down for a concert at Lakes PArk in December. Want to stay close to there so can taxi there. Trying to fina a hotel with restaurants within walking distance...is this even a possibility?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time going to fort myers

Have you taken a few minutes to read through the forum? I think you will find all of your answers already posted.

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time going to fort myers

Maybe this will help

tripadvisor.com/HotelsNear-g34230-d560676-La…

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time going to fort myers

Thanks Joy, 1st timers need help! Must be a good concert to fly in for it! I saw Sugarland and Kelly Pickler there, an awesome concert.. Parking was crazy so a Taxi is the way to go.

Stockertown...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first time going to fort myers

Yes it's gonna be a great show. I think I'll stay close one night ten get hotel at beach

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time going to fort myers

First timers have tons of knowledge available to them that are already posted by lots of other people. If they take some time to read through past posts, then they can really get a lot of information. The more you research, the better your vacation will be. Otherwise, if you just rely on the most recent post, you won't get much response. I can't help with country music since I can't stand listening to it, but you definitely have your choice of hotels along the beach with restaurants within walking distance. We don't know your budget or what kind of things you really want in your hotel room. So, if you take some time to read through hotel reviews, you will get the best answers.

Edited: 14 October 2013, 17:07
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time going to fort myers

Stockertown: I see this was only your second post to the discussion boards so will make the assumption you are fairly new to using this resource and may not yet be aware of how to get the most out of all the information that is available to users. Your questions are certainly reasonable and there are a lot of folks who are happy to share their knowledge and experience. I hope you will not hesitate to ask for assistance with any future travel questions as the majority of T.A. members have a very helpful attitude and are generous about sharing suggestions / information with others.

Edited: 14 October 2013, 21:02
Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time going to fort myers

On the Beach check out Edison House and Beacon Bed & Breakfast, they are on the Beach. Just across the street and still in the Time Square area, check out Lighthouse with Tiki Bar/Music, Holiday Court or Silver Sands. Time Square area has many Bars, Restaurants and Shops, all walking distance. And I agree with GrandmaMac. :)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first time going to fort myers

Exactly Grandma....there are so many wonderful previous posts that are extremely helpful. So far, only one person has helped the original poster on this particular thread. That's ONE. However, I was being helpful in letting this person know that if they take some time to research older threads, then they will be thrilled to see that there is a lot more information for them instead of just this one page. I was being helpful, you are being judgemental and that is not appropriate for this site. It's nice to see that Beachbratz added by offering specific information. I personally don't remember names of places, but I did offer a wonderful suggestion to the poster so they could do better research. You guys need to really help people and not throw stones. You make the forum look bad when you do.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first time going to fort myers

I was a first timer and was just so excited about my trip, wanted instant answers, researched them and became more familiar with the area, I can talk Ft. Myers Beach all day long=just ask Stockertown, and Welcome to Ft. Myers and Ft. Myers Beach.

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first time going to fort myers

Thanks beachbratz! always glad to answer a question for anyone on this forum if I can....actually I have been posting here since 2005 and did a search as suggested.... on this site... and did not find any previous answers to the original question. Maybe someone can post the link to all the previous posts on other threads about hotels near lakes park that they said are on previous threads because I did not find one. That would be really helpful.

trm201- enjoy the concert! if beachbratz had a great time I am sure you will too....enjoy the beach too. If we can answer any other questions for you we will be happy to help.