We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Absolutely Wonderful! January 2014 Trip Review - FMB

Norman, OK
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Absolutely Wonderful! January 2014 Trip Review - FMB

We are currently on our last day at FMB where we've spent the last three nights. There were three of us: my husband, son (age 12) and me. We stayed in a condo mid-island location at a small resort called Cornerstone. The place we chose was perfect for us - clean, well furnished in every way, included washer/dryer & kitchen essentials to make it easy to enjoy the family vacation with all the amenities of home. Beach chairs, umbrella, toys, cooler, towels, heated pool, close parking, wonderful on-site manager (Lori Greissinger) - all part of the package. The only reason I'm hesitant to write this review is I want to be able to book again - and am afraid there will be no vacancy if others found out about this hidden gem!

I am very picky & found nothing here that was an issue for me. The mattress & linens were quite comfortable - it was quiet & a/c worked like a charm. I recommend having a rental car - but if you were to just stock the kitchen with food & hang out on the beach for a few days - you could get by without one.

Most days we spent on the beach - took long walk & then set up our chairs & enjoyed the serenity of beach time. (We've been in a cold climate for too long!) Frankly, we couldn't break away - it was that wonderful. The beach is right outside the resort & sandy beach with white sand & tranquil gulf waves was magnetic. We stocked the kitchen with coffee & breakfast foods so we could relax and enjoy home cooked breakfast and take in the coffee & morning sunrise on the beautiful gulf side lanai.

The first evening we drove to Coconut Jacks in Bonita Springs for dinner. This was a nice drive (to the south, so you avoid any traffic that comes with the North end - getting on/off the FMB island). Dinner was not as good as we expected - got some neat souvenirs there & then went across the street into Barefoot beach to see the sundown.

The second day we took a couple hours and walked through Times Square & onto the Pier. The crowds on the beach near this area made us appreciate our private beach even more. Each time we explored the area we realized how much more we appreciated our little slice of heaven on this trip. :-) That evening we ate at the Fish House (fish tacos). Which were great! They accommodated my gluten free diet well. I had the grilled grouper fish tacos without the flour tortillas. My husband enjoyed the Red Paradise GF beer from Publix super market located just 1/2 mile from our condo.

At this moment we are enjoying our last morning in the condo while my son is doing his homework - thinking we might need to start homeschooling to get here more often!

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Absolutely Wonderful! January 2014 Trip Review - FMB

Nice review.....sounds like you are really enjoying FMB....glad to hear you went to barefoot beach ....it is beautiful! we go to the Fish House every visit and enjoy it

too. I agree the mid to south end of the island is great.

Glad to hear that you were very happy with your condo !!

thanks for sharing.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,629 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Absolutely Wonderful! January 2014 Trip Review - FMB

Enjoyed reading your TR, glad to hear you had a good time. I would love to be there right now.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Absolutely Wonderful! January 2014 Trip Review - FMB

Loved your review. The Cornerstone is so cute. Glad you had a great time.

Norman, OK
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Absolutely Wonderful! January 2014 Trip Review - FMB

On day #2 we also made it to Lovers Key Park for the sundown which was easy and a great experience. The little biting bugs were out but not so bad for just 15-30 min.

Day #3 we spent soaking up the last day on the beach. Took long beach walks, swam in the saltwater pool at the resort and enjoyed coffee & breakfast on the lanai in our room overlooking the gulf. Around 4pm we took a drive to Naples (we have never been on the area and wanted to check it out). Walked out on the pier for the sundown. Saw one dolphin. At the airport now returning to Oklahoma. Really had a wonderful trip. Great friendly people in FMB area and will be back for sure.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Absolutely Wonderful! January 2014 Trip Review - FMB

Awesome :)

6. Re: Absolutely Wonderful! January 2014 Trip Review - FMB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach
Recent Conversations