We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort help for Ft Myers in June

Mechanicsburg...
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Topic
Resort help for Ft Myers in June

We live in Springfield, IL and found out they offer direct flights to Ft Myers. We've only been to Disney in Florida, no beaches. Do you recommend Ft Myers or another beach? Any recommendations on resorts for a week? Kids are 9 & 11. Any advice would be helpful.

Jennifer

Indiana
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort help for Ft Myers in June

We have stayed at Diamond Head Resort twice and loved it. Beach area is clean and was not crowded when we went in July last year. Also We have been to Treasure Island and liked it as well.

Chicago. Illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort help for Ft Myers in June

June would be low season .Warm with some scatered afternoon showers . I would recommend a condo .You would have more room to spread out as well as a kitchen . Plenty to do in Ft Myers focusing on water activities . Whether its fishing or renting a pontoon boat or exploring the beaches . Mind you we did have some issues with murky water at times due to army corp of engineers releasing water thru local river which feed into gulf . At that time year you should be able to negotiate a good rate on 2 br condo . probably well under 1000/week for oceanfront .

long island
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort help for Ft Myers in June

…wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Atlantic_hurricane_…

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort help for Ft Myers in June

If the carrier is Allegiant (which I know flies out of Springfield), your destination airport will be Punta Gorda, about 50 or so miles away. We were in Ft Myers a couple of summers ago and even though it's supposed to be off-season, it was still busy. We stay on the southern end of Estero Island or over on Sanibel. But as for the distance from Punta Gorda, you should also consider Siesta Key, just south of Sarasota - may be a little closer to the airport than Ft Myers.

Sioux Falls SD
Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort help for Ft Myers in June

When we got married a few years ago the 1st week in June (great weather not too hot yet) at Fmb my whole extended family went with kids all ages. They were right in the previous post this is off season so rates on ocean front condos go down. We stayed at the Caper Beach Club with ocean front lanai and full kitchen. Very well maintained and Times Square/pier for shopping restaurants is walkable. This is my favorite beach I've been to including California, Texas and other Florida beaches

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,594 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort help for Ft Myers in June

I agree with Michelle, we stayed at the Caper Beach Club as well and loved it. FMB has many condo entals to choose from.

7. Re: Resort help for Ft Myers in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach