We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovers Key State Park

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Topic
Lovers Key State Park

We will be staying in Cape Coral in two weeks time and often drive to Sanibel, Fort Myers beach area but wonder if we would like Lovers Key Beach area. We find the beach at Fort Myers too busy for us, prefer a quieter beach, with no road noise. Could anyone please advise about Lovers Key, is it just one beach or does it have different areas, if so, which is the quieter part and are there restrooms, and also I have a vague idea of how to get there from the Fort Myers pier end do we just keep driving down the main highway past Bonita Beach, any directions would also be helpful. Thank you, cant wait for our trip!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,788 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lovers Key State Park

Lovers Key is beyond the south end of Ft. Myers Beach. Coming from the south, it's accessible via Bonita Beach Road.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/loverskey/

The park follows the State Parks practice of protecting natural areas while encouraging recreation. It has all the necessary facilities for a day trip, and there's restaurants just north and south of the park. Parking areas are somewhat limited, so you don't have to make a lot of decisions about where to park.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lovers Key State Park

At Lover's you park, then either take a long walk to the beach that is very private without any facilities on the North end. Or, you can take a tram to the South End of the Key, where you will find restroom facilities, kayak rentals, a small snack bar and lounge chair rentals. The beach there is beautiful. We were there in December and we were the only people on the beach for a few hours.

Entrance to Lovers Key is $8, that covers parking and the tram ride.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lovers Key State Park

Thank you for taking the time to reply, it is very helpful, I have now run a map of park off, just one more question please......is there a better place than others on the park for my husband to fish while I soak up the sun!! still bearing in mind we seek peace and quiet!! thank you

4. Re: Lovers Key State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16