We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach for the Day

FORT MYERS FLORIDA
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Beach for the Day

So if I want to find a place on Fort Myers Beach or Sanibel for the day only in the summer months where is the best place to go nowadays? I would love to rent chairs with an umbrella or a cabana and have full bar service on the beach. Any suggestions?

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach for the Day

I would suggest Junkanoos on Estero Blvd. They rent umbrellas and lounge chairs and they also have a bar and restaurant.

Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
680 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach for the Day

Junkanoo is a good choice, also DiamondHead Resort.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach for the Day

Love Junkanoo

Outrigger has Tiki Bar, Cafe and Pool

so does Wyndham Gardens (the old Holiday Inn)

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach for the Day

My reply deleted again?

Ft Myers Beach, FL
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach for the Day

The best place is The Lani Kai You can rent chairs, they have fabulous music to enjoy. Their is activities and specials. Go ahead and park at the Lani Kai...It will cost $6 or $7, but you can dine upstairs and they will take the amount off your bill. And the upstairs has a fabulous view!

Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
680 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach for the Day

Just my opinion, and no offense meant to Gypsywind, but whether you would enjoy Lani Kai will depend very much on your age, whether you will have children with you, and whether you want a quiet day on the beach or a party day. Personally, I would not enjoy it (age 54 and I want a quiet beach to enjoy a book and the sounds of nature). My child is prohibited from going on their property.

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
193 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach for the Day

My first choice is always Junkanoo and second is the beach at the Outrigger.. both have chairs and umbrellas for rent as well as food and drinks. Both have amazing sunsets. I too would avoid Lani Kai unless you're in your early 20's although I've heard the view from the rooftop is great.

Ft Myers Beach, FL
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach for the Day

Lani Kai......Well, I am 57 and enjoy the live carribean music that is not so loud that begins at noon. The chair rental is $7 and you are right on the beach. You also have servers that wait on you. The family who owns the Lani Kai is wonderful and truly loves the area. The Lanji Kai is located to enjoy all of Ft Myers Beach, the shopping and beautiful Times Square. I much prefer this over a location that is beside a trailor park and is miles from the area that you would like to visit and enjoy!

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach for the Day

from my personal experience the Lani kai is the filthiest place I have experienced in fort Myers Beach. The bar and elevator to the bar is the worst. In all fairness we have eaten in the restaurant part many times and thoroughly enjoyed the buffet. The view of the sunsets was beautiful. It is too bad that they no longer have the buffet.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach for the Day

coach-they are remodeling, have redone the restaurant and have a new Chef. I'm game to try it again and report back. check out www.islandsandpaper.com for latest news.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach