We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend a condo

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend a condo

We are looking for a beachfront condo to stay in either on Fort Walton Beach or in Destin that is walking distance from the popular restaurants/beach bars with some live music, etc.

Only staying 3 nights over Labor Day Weekend (I know it's getting close and we need to book something!) Looking for 2 bedrooms for 2 couples.

Thanks!

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend a condo

I'm probably not the best person to be responding because I feel that the FWB/Destin area is very overdeveloped. I would recommend looking into the San Destin area which is a little east of Destin. Check out www.sandestin.com. We especially like the Village at Baytowne Wharf for dining and shopping with shuttles taking you around the San Destin development. We did stay right outside of the development in March for a birthday gathering. It was at a Marriott Residence Inn but not on the beach. We were able to enjoy the Baytowne Wharf area too.

We prefer Orange Beach, Alabama or Perdido Key, Florida which is much closer and less crowded for us here in Baton Rouge.

Sorry that I wasn't more help. I'm sure others will respond. I think ResortQuest is a large realtor along that strip which you may want to contact. Rates will definitely be down by then since most schools in the South are starting within a few weeks.

PA
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend a condo

the boardwalk near okaloosa pier has all of that going on... we stayed at Destin West last year and it is definitely within walking distance. as well as Angler's resturant and gulfarium.

http://www.theboardwalkoi.com/

3. Re: Recommend a condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach