We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about accommodations near Boardwalk area.

Reevesville sc
Level Contributor
18 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Question about accommodations near Boardwalk area.

Planning a trip to Okaloosa Island for next year's vacation. Interested in condo within walking distance to the Boardwalk, Fishing Pier area. Any suggestions from those of you familiar with Okaloosa Island area would be appreciated. Also, is the island & beach bike friendly? Thanks for any info you can pass along. Have a great summer.

Level Contributor
227 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about accommodations near Boardwalk area.

We choose Waterscape now ever year because it has awesome pools, but Summer Place 501 is also a great condo next door to Waterscape. Beach is not bike friendly at all however. We book through vrbo and save money with individuals also instead of larger companies to save money.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about accommodations near Boardwalk area.

Destin West is very close to the boardwalk, probably the closest resort. The island is not bike friendly, as the previous poster said. But if you drive down 30A to some of the little towns, you can rent bikes, and it is a fun day out.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about accommodations near Boardwalk area.

The resorts mentioned above are on Miracle Strip, hwy 98, if you were to stay in the other direction...To the west.... There is a bike lane along Santa Rosa Blvd. Resorts in that direction would be Azure, Sea Oats, & several others as you go further to the west. I think Waterscape would be considered the very beginning of Santa Rosa, where it intersects with hwy 98.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about accommodations near Boardwalk area.

Most resorts mentioned above are on Miracle Strip, hwy 98, if you were to stay in the other direction...to the west.... There is a bike lane along Santa Rosa Blvd. Resorts in that direction would be Azure, Sea Oats, & several others as you go further to the west. I think Waterscape would be considered the very beginning of Santa Rosa, where it intersects with hwy 98. There is no bike path directly on the beach, but just along Santa Rosa Blvd. I would think the neighborhood along the intercostal & Santa Rosa would be a relaxing ride, too.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about accommodations near Boardwalk area.

Oops! Sorry 'bout the double post !

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
342 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about accommodations near Boardwalk area.

We've stayed in two units west of the pier/Boardwalk, Gulf Dunes and Pelican Isle. Gulf Dunes was within walking distance for my 12 year old twins and I, not so much for my 7 year old. Gulf Dunes units were very nice; we found them on vrbo and they were managed by sunsetresortrentals.com

7. Re: Question about accommodations near Boardwalk area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach