We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft Walton-Oskaloosa Island

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
brookville, ohio
6 posts
Save Topic
Ft Walton-Oskaloosa Island

Looking for a place to stay first week of April. Suggestions? Hoping to be on beach at Ft Walton/Oskaloosa Island. Doesn't need to be fancy, just clean and on the beach. Thanks!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
928 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft Walton-Oskaloosa Island

Check out Beach Bums Hideaway. This is where we stay and you can get no closer to the beach.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft Walton-Oskaloosa Island

I really do not think you can go wrong with just about any condo, most are gulf front, a few might have side views. Check out VRBO, some of the more popular buildings are El Matador - which is quite reasonably priced - since it is older look at pictures closely and look for an updated unit. If you have kids Destin West or Waterscape is popular with families. I would suggest booking soon, that is proving to be the most popular week of the spring season. We own a condo and that week booked for us back in October.

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
322 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ft Walton-Oskaloosa Island

I agree with Trixie, be hard to mess that one up! I've rented Pelican Isle and Gulf Dunes both off of vrbo.com, also Gulf Dunes via sunsetresortrentals.com. Love those beaches!

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ft Walton-Oskaloosa Island

I agree with the suggestion about VRBO. We've rented condos through them twice (3rd time coming up in June) and have been pleased. My favorite is #36089 at Emerald Isle.

Midwest
Level Contributor
65 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ft Walton-Oskaloosa Island

We always stay at the Nautilus - gulf front condos. Check the photos for the one you like. We always stay at 1202 and love it. Beautiful unit and clean, right on the beach. Quiet and relaxing. We beach it all day and then visit the great restaurants in Ft Walton Beach, Destin and Sandestin at night.

IL
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ft Walton-Oskaloosa Island

try www.sun-sand.cc the owner is very nice to work with. room 514 island princes well kept and clean. balcony faces ocean. just walk over the wooden walkway over the sand dune thru the pretty white snow and ur at the beautiful emerald green blue ocean. watched dolphins swim by from balcony many days. comes with 2 beach chairs and umbrella. wifi. washer dryer. 2 bedroom/2 bath. nice nice nice. great price compared.

Slidell, Louisiana...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Ft Walton-Oskaloosa Island

Stay away from Emerald Isle Condo Unit 210! We just returned a week ago. Had to go to the store and buy Clorox wipes and clean the entire place ourselves. Very dirty! Dried food in the sink, dried food on the table and placemats, fingerprints all over everything glass, dirty linens, kitchen chairs caked with dust, mold on shower curtains, and grinds still in the coffee maker! I could go on and on. Not sure why they are charging a cleaning fee, since it is clearly not being cleaned!

Edited: 23 July 2013, 20:03
Midwest
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ft Walton-Oskaloosa Island

We love the El Matador....but like previous poster mentioned, look at the pics & the reviews. I agree, you can not really go wrong, staying on Okaloosa Island.....

We love VRBO.com.

If I found a dirty condo (has not happened to me) I would contact the owner immediately & have housekeeping come re-clean. I would not spend my time & money buying cleaning products & cleaning.

The first week of April is extremely popular! Have fun looking!!!! When you find something you like, re-post for opinions here :-)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
438 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ft Walton-Oskaloosa Island

Ditto the previous poster. If you find a unit that hasn't been cleaned, call your contact and let them know! They will fix it. Obviously owners and/or management companies hire cleaning crews, who unfortunately, can drop the ball.

10. Re: Ft Walton-Oskaloosa Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 07:24