We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for 3 bedroom in less congested area

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
87 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for 3 bedroom in less congested area

Family of five, may have six, looking for a nice place on beach mid April. Close to maybe a few things, restaurants, etc, pier maybe, jetty? I am new to this area.

These are our choices

Gulf side

Azure

Waters edge

Emerald towers

Any tips or experience?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
438 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for 3 bedroom in less congested area

The beach won't be super crowded in April from my experience. Azure is the newest and nicest place of those you mentioned. It's also walking distance to the pier and the Boardwalk where there are a couple restaurants. Water's Edge was built in 2002. Emerald Towers in 1997. Gulf Side is part of Destin West and that is very close to the pier, but maybe a little bit smaller in size than the others. They are all good choices. I would compare the price versus the view. Get a gulf front unit if you can - the view is worth it! The jetties are in Destin, so that would be driving distance - 5-10 minutes.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
901 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for 3 bedroom in less congested area

There is also a Gulfside located about in the middle of the Island between the Palms and Dune Pointe condos. It has 1 and 2 bedrooms and the pool is on top of the building.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
87 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for 3 bedroom in less congested area

Thanks I just found out about Waterscape, I am looking into that one also, looks neat.

Edited: 27 February 2014, 20:16
Connecticut
Level Contributor
438 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for 3 bedroom in less congested area

Waterscape is very nice, but very few units have a great gulf view. Most have side views or overlook the pool which is in the middle of a U shaped building. However, it has great pools and it's the newest one around.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
87 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for 3 bedroom in less congested area

I am thinking of booking 107A through Southern vacation rentals or 105B through Windfall property if anyone has had experience with these for Watercape

Edited: 01 March 2014, 23:14
Louisville,Ky.
Level Contributor
285 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for 3 bedroom in less congested area

We always stay at the Blue Dolphin or Turtle Walk. They are right beside each other and like them because they are small complex's each having only 10 units, and the beach and pool are much less crowded. In fact often theres no one in the pool. You can't see the pool in the pictures but it's between the building and the dune in front of the condo. Though they were built in the same year we like Turtle Walk the best because its built out of concrete and you never hear anyone above you walking around. ALL the units in Turtle Walk are 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths.

The unit we like in Turtle Walk is vrbo 286419. The lady you deal with is super nice and her prices are better then anyone in the complex. They are all inclusive including tax plus the cleaning fee. The pictures don't do it justice as they've upgraded a couple things not the least of which is new flat screen tv's just last year. Also the internet in the unit has a very good signal. Beach service (2 beach chairs and an umbrella) is included with the rental. For a fee you can rent more chairs and umbrellas if need be.

Check it out at http://www.vrbo.com/286419

Louisville,Ky.
Level Contributor
285 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for 3 bedroom in less congested area

BTW, no matter where you stay you have to go to McQuires Irish Pub in Destin at least once while you're there. Great food, service and atmosphere. It's located just over the bridge to Destin on the left as you come into town, maybe 10 minutes away. They brew their own beer and the food is outstanding! The walls, ceiling and everywhere has like $400k in dollar bills attached over the years by tourist etc. If you go early in your stay I bet you'll go back before you leave.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
438 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for 3 bedroom in less congested area

The difference is 107A will overlook a vacant piece of property and 105B you will see other parts of the building. I don't know anything about Windfall properties, but I do know Southern Resorts and they are top notch as far as service goes.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for 3 bedroom in less congested area

Is that land still vacant, or is that where they are building the new Holiday Inn?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
438 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for 3 bedroom in less congested area

Actually, I you are right! Odd numbered units in the A building will have construction next door until sometime in or around April/ May.