We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any feedback on these properties?

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Any feedback on these properties?

Hi! I am wondering if anyone has any feedback on the following properties? We are a family of 4 (kids are 2 and 5). We are on a tight budget and unfortunately have to visit during peak season. We don't need a fancy pool or upgraded condo. Just a clean one on a beautiful beach. What I have found within our budget is:

Pelican Isle, Gulf Dunes, Emerald Isle, Waters Edge, The Breakers

Looking for feedback on any of these, positive or negative. Thanks so much!

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
322 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any feedback on these properties?

Our family has stayed at both Pelican Isle/Gulf Dunes and the units were appointed nicely; found them on VRBO.com, the Pelican Isle unit was rented directly via the owner and our Gulf Dunes units were rented via SunsetResortRentals.com. Only downside I can recall was that sometimes during peak season the beach service would run two rows deep at Gulf Dunes. Beautiful beach though, like walking on powdered sugar!

Edited: 13 March 2014, 20:26
Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any feedback on these properties?

Thanks for the feedback! There is a unit at Pelican Isle that we really like.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any feedback on these properties?

All units are individually owned, so you "could" find a rotten apple in any of the resorts, so I would just ask for updated pics & read reviews.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
928 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any feedback on these properties?

You might want to check out Tropical Isle. It is a stones throw from the beach with no roads to cross and a nice pool. We have had great experiences there as have all our friends/family who have stayed there. It is a great value, in my opinion and probably quite a bit less $ than the other options you listed.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any feedback on these properties?

Of the properties you listed, all are located directly on the Gulf. Emerald Isle is quite a bit older than the others and it looks like some units at Emerald Isle and Waters Edge have side views instead of full-on Gulf views so you would want to make sure you confirm that. Emerald Towers West has one bedroom units with additional bunks and I know that all of them are direct Gulf front. It may be worth comparing adding it to your price comparisons.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any feedback on these properties?

Pool is in parking lot at Emerald Towers West, not attractive or convenient for moving from beach to pool area. Island Princess has one bedrooms, some are gulf front and some are on side.

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any feedback on these properties?

I have stayed at Waters Edge (3 BR Unit) and it was really nice. I would actually like to stay there again, but it's not in the budget this year. It seems all of the prices have jumped way up for when I'll be going.

8. Re: Any feedback on these properties?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 16:35
Waldron, Arkansas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any feedback on these properties?

We are coming to the area in June. Also on budget! We found the villas Capri on vrbo site. Small little complex right on beach for only $899 week!! Went to destin last June and spent double that and had to walk to the beach!! It was a nicer condo but we came for the beaches!!

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any feedback on these properties?

There are still some good rates at The El Matador. Love the location, too, at the very far west end, with plenty of room to roam & spread out on the undeveloped part of the Island :-)