We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Visits?

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
midwest
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Topic
Recent Visits?

Anyone care to report on recent visits to FWB?

How was the weather?

Where did you stay?

Where did you eat?

We are going down at the end of Sept & I am looking forward to it!!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
364 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Visits?

Hey SDbound its frumpypuppy

Just got back last Saturday and it was great, only rained 1 day ( and they needed it so bad that you couldn't be mad) we stayed at the Azure, AMAZING PLACE, Condo was beautiful, pools were awesome, almost too warm but little kids like that, I prefer the BEACH any day, we ate at Gilligan's and loved it. Went parasailing at Sundogs, those guys are really fun to go with, did a dolphin cruise and that was fun to see them up by the boat, we laid out by the beach or pool for most of the time but it was great hated to leave. I bet Sept is a really great month there have fun, I drove down Santa Rosa Blvd and saw your Condos there, it looked really nice from the outside.

midwest
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Visits?

frumpypuppy,

Always good to hear a report :-)

I've been hearing lots of great reports from our renters, too :-)

I have a friend that owns & rents a Azure & it is awesome!

We are getting anxious for our trip & it's still 1.5 months to go....

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent Visits?

I hope to post a TR here in a couple days. We just returned last week and miss it already. Already planning our next trip. How's the ocean temps spring break time?

Louisville
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent Visits?

We just got back from a stay at Grayton Beach. We rented a house. The beach was beautiful. We had breakfast at Another Broken Egg in downtown Grayton. It was wonderful. Others in our group ate at Busters and really liked it. We went to Goatfeathers and got fresh seafood. Go to Grayton and visit the Redbar. What a hot spot that is. You can order sandwichs, crab cakes, etc... The weather was great. There were some storms but we expected that in early August. Make sure you drive through Watercolor and Seaside. They are beautiful communities.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
132 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent Visits?

We were there the week of 8/5-12th & are missing the beach already! I've had FL withdrawal all week!

The weather was wonderful the majority of the week with a few sprinkles. Nothing to complain about or ruin a vacation day.

The beach was beautiful, as always, with the water having a lot of seaweed. Thursday was definitely the best day as the beautiful green/blue water had returned.

We stayed at the Island Princess and were pleased once again! We can't wait to return next year!!

Dining at the beach/bay front restaurants & indulging in fresh seafood are always an enjoyable part of our vacation.

The Crab Trap was fine & service attentive. We weren't too thrilled w/the service at Anglers & probably won't return. The food was decent but we weren't pleased to have been charged reg. price for the kid's meals when they're adv. $1.99 before 6pm. We arrived well before 6, asked the server several questions, etc & when we inquired about the higher charge, we were told that the order was taken to the kitchen after 6. We always tip 15-20% but lessened the amount this time.

McQuires is always one of our favorites. Unfortunately the large construction project across the street has taken away much of their view. Thankfully, the food & service was delicious & attentive as usual. If you dine there, I wouldn't hesitate recommending one to request DiAngelo as their server.

For the first time we decided to dine at Dewey Destn Seafood. If you're going for upscale ambiance this isn't the restaurant, IMO; however, we voted this the best meal the entire week!! The grilled tuna was wonderfully prepared & reasonably priced.

For pizza, Mellow Mushroom in Destin was $$$$ but good. We were too tired to dine out so we ordered pizza to go.

Those are just a few of the places we enjoyed and we can't wait to start planning for next year!

Enjoy your vacation!!

gritzi

6. Re: Recent Visits?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 20:18