We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapas 12 West vs Tapas & Tinis

Which Gainesville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Tapas 12 West vs Tapas & Tinis

My girlfriends and I are going out this Friday and want to eat somewhere different. My friend suggested Tapas 12 West. I've also heard good things about Tapas & Tinis. Has anyone eaten at either of these? If you've been to both, which one do you think is better?

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tapas 12 West vs Tapas & Tinis

Tapas 12 West is in the former Steve's Cafe American space. Haven't eaten there since the change was made, but Steve's used to be one of the better restaurants in town and I think the same person still owns it. I would expect the quality of the food to be quite good. Haven't tried Tapas & Tinis, so can't comment on it other than to say those are two very different locales that are bound to have a very different vibe. 12 West is downtown, which should be quite lively, especially on a football game weekend. T&T is in a Publix shopping center out at Haile Plantation, west of I-75. Draw your own conclusions from that.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tapas 12 West vs Tapas & Tinis

We decided onTapas 12 West. They seemed to have a better menu.

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tapas 12 West vs Tapas & Tinis

Well, how was it? I'm going to Spain later this week, so I'm sure I'll be a tapas "expert" by the time I return. Think 12 West will hold up to that sort of comparison?

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tapas 12 West vs Tapas & Tinis

Well we didn't make it to Tapas. We decided to skip University Avenue because of the game. We ended up at Carraba's. But we are going to try again in a few weeks. I'll have to let you know how it is.

5. Re: Tapas 12 West vs Tapas & Tinis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 09:19