We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for fooball weekend Nov 22nd

Which Gainesville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
11 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for fooball weekend Nov 22nd

What's a good hotel to stay for a football weekend? We will be arriving on friday and leaving sunday morning. We would like to be close to the bars/clubs.

Thanks for the help

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for fooball weekend Nov 22nd

Unfortunately (for you) most of the bars and clubs are downtown, but there really aren't any hotels down there. Holiday Inn University Center is walkable (13 blocks) and there's a Victorian Bed & Breakfast called Sweetwater Branch Inn that's about 6 blocks. Other than that, I can't think of any I'd stay at. The rest of the hotels are concentrated around the I-75 intersections which are at least 5 miles from downtown.

Gaiensville, FL
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for fooball weekend Nov 22nd

Agree with the above post. I think that there is still at hotel in the Rietz Union on the UF campus, but I'm sure that it is already booked. The Holiday Inn is not that bad. It is an easy/cheap taxi ride to downtown. Otherwise it's out to the interstate.

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for fooball weekend Nov 22nd

I just checked the football schedule - coming all the way from Montreal for a game against the Citadel? Wow.

I was downtown last night and noticed another motel at 413 W University Ave called the Gainesville Lodge 352-376-1224. I've never stayed there and don't know anyone who has, so I can only comment that from the street it does not appear to be a very well maintained property. But from a location perspective it's ideal - a couple blocks to the bars and nightclubs downtown and easy walking distance to campus. Caveat emptor.

montreal
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for fooball weekend Nov 22nd

We are coming to Gainesville the week of the South Carolina game. Then on Sunday we are probably going to watch the Tennessee-Jacksonville game.

5. Re: Hotel for fooball weekend Nov 22nd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 13:16