We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida Trip Report Part 1

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
834 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Florida Trip Report Part 1

We have just returned from traveling across Florida for a week.

Sunday 9/7: Up early and drove out to Sawgrass Recreation Park at the sugestion of Lulutoo. We had a great time. Our air boat was drove by Captain Jim who was very knowledgeable about the Everglades and the wildlife who lived there. We were lucky that morning to see may aligators. After the air boat ride you walk over to exhibits with more of the animals who make there home in the Everglades.

At the back they are building larger exhibits with predators of the Everglades. There was a women there(I lost her card) from a group who takes in predators who can not go back to live in the wild. That day she had a Florida Panther, a hawk, a snake and a skunk. We spent close to a half hour talking to her.

Now back to Hollywood and the beach. We were introduced to Hollywood Beach and its' boardwalk by KenK. Ken was the destintation export for Hollywood who past away earlier this year.

Hollywood beach works out great for our family. They are all beach people and I am not. So while everyone is on the beach, I can walk the boardwalk. So it is a great afternoon for everyone.

See part 2 of our Florida Trip Report in the Key Biscayne forum.

See our travel pictures at: http://picasaweb.google.com/rwdwTA

USA
Level Contributor
134 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida Trip Report Part 1

Thanks for the trip report. I enjoy reading and finding out things about the places I am going to visit. I leave KY Thursday for Hollywood for 3 days, then Clearwater for 3 days. Any advice or suggestions for either place?

Thanks. You have traveled quite a bit I see. I enjoyed looking at all your pictures.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,870 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida Trip Report Part 1

Glad I popped over and saw your post!! Good to know Sawgrass worked out well for you! I don't visit this Forum often ,as I feel my knowledge of Hollywood is spotty at best- one of the many reasons I miss our lovely KenK- he was such a gift to this and many other Forums. Come back and see us again!

3. Re: Florida Trip Report Part 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 23:16