We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick trip to Hollywood, FL- Restaurants, places not to miss

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tijuana
Level Contributor
102 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Quick trip to Hollywood, FL- Restaurants, places not to miss

Hi everyone!

Im going to a training for my company and this time will be at Westin Diplomat in Hollywood Florida. We are going from Sunday October 4th to October 7th and we will have free only the noons (our training schedule is from 8am to 3 or 5 pm).

Someone could help with information related to the places we dont have to miss (restaurants, sightseeings, bars, beach, etc).

Thanks in advance!!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick trip to Hollywood, FL- Restaurants, places not to miss

Hi Mayda - I think you have all your answers posted on the Fort Lauderdale forum. Have a wonderful time!

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick trip to Hollywood, FL- Restaurants, places not to miss

I'm not sure what the other replier exactly said, but here goes:

1. Eat at Hollywood Prime at the Diplomat Hotel - great steaks, great wine list!

2. Have a burger at Le Tub - on the intracoastal, down the street. It takes forever, and there is no air conditioning, but they have the best burgers, beer, and a decent view.

3. Walk around Downtown Hollywood (at US 1 and Hollywood Blvd). They have a large park, called the ArtsPark, and small shops and cafes on several streets just to the west of the circle/Park.

4. Walk on the Broadwalk (the beach north from your hotel - it starts a block north) and enjoy the old school cafes, ice cream shops, and stores - maybe rent a quad (four person bike) and cruise the path!

5. The Art and Culture center, on the East side of the ArtsPark Circle is small but great - terrific art, and worth spending an hour, looking at art and cooling off in the air conditioning!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick trip to Hollywood, FL- Restaurants, places not to miss

Isn't the Broadwalk more like 1/2 to 1 mile from the Diplomat?

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick trip to Hollywood, FL- Restaurants, places not to miss

I'm not a surveyor. It's five minutes up the sand. I'm sure they can handle it.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick trip to Hollywood, FL- Restaurants, places not to miss

Actually, I checked it out and the Broadwalk is rather far from the Diplomat. It's closer to the Hollywood Marriott, but a real hike from the Dip. So, if you're not into walking, you may want to take a cab...

Tijuana
Level Contributor
102 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick trip to Hollywood, FL- Restaurants, places not to miss

Thanks both of you..

At least Le Tub was one of the coincidences :D

I will take in consideration your opnions, thanks again. I know im going to have a great trip, I will arrive this sunday, first of all I will going to go to Le Tub, if I dont very tired! My departure time its 6:35 am!! from San Diego, I live in Tijuana, so I need to wake up early in case I need to wait more than the usual time for crossing the border, and if everything is ok, I will be there at 4PM.

Thanks!!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick trip to Hollywood, FL- Restaurants, places not to miss

Enjoy your trip and let us know if you need anything while you're here!

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick trip to Hollywood, FL- Restaurants, places not to miss

Absolutely! I live here, so let me know if I can assist. Have fun!

9. Re: Quick trip to Hollywood, FL- Restaurants, places not to miss

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2010, 06:28