We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holoiday Inn vs. Newport Beachside Resort

port perry
5 posts
Save Topic
Holoiday Inn vs. Newport Beachside Resort

We have stayed many times in mid-Dec at the Holiday Inn Hollywood Beach. Because my girls (11, 8 and 4) would like some more activities and variety, I have booked us at the Newport Beachside Resort Dec 7-14 this year. I was wondering if anyone had some good insight as to the possible "quality decrease" we will experience and/or status of the area/beach after the hurricane.

We will then go to Hawk's Cay for another week. Have stayed there before and have read some info that the resort is in good shape post-Wilma.

I still have options to alter my plans and would like as much information as I can get.

As usual, the heat is on my shoulders for everyone to have a great vacation.

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holoiday Inn vs. Newport Beachside Resort

I know thw Holiday Inn in Hollywood. I don't know of any Newport in Hollywood.

There is a Newport resort at Newport Pier (Club Newport/Holiday Inn Crowne Royal/ which includes mostly timeshare units (sold from the hotel)managed now by Westgate.

This is in the N Miami Beach area now called Sunny Isles (just below Adventura). It is several miles S on A1A from the Sunspree Holiday Inn Beach Resort in Hollywood.

Go to trip advisor forum under Sunny Isles, and note the post requesting info on the Golden Strand. It is also a T/S near the Newport Complex. I gave much info on where to go, and what to see.

As for the rooms at Newport, USUALLY Westgate outdoes itself in maintaining rooms, and outside areas. We have seen it, and it is pretty nice, espically from the outside. The inside, remember has many converted small hotel rooms they attempted to expand. Reviews on other sites like www.tug2.net are really mixed.

The beach is great, you will be able to walk to Tony Romas (ribs, look for coupons), and the Wolfie Cohens Rascal House (still good long after Gleason & Sinatra) (long lines in season).

The warning.....(and don't buy, resale is much cheaper)....the sales staff from Westgate are brutal. And to resell a Westgate unit is almost inpossible without Westgate trying to get big turnover fees. (A resale week is sometimes seen for $1000.00 US or less.)

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holoiday Inn vs. Newport Beachside Resort

Dave:

I was unable to find the post under the Miami forums.....it was under Sunny Isles in Ft Laud forums....(of course, thats the wrong county. Anyway, here is the link. Copy & paste into your browser:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34227-i98-k227421…

port perry
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holoiday Inn vs. Newport Beachside Resort

Fantastic...thanks so much for the information!