We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diplomat in Nov? other similar hotels just as nice?

Cleveland
Level Contributor
87 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Diplomat in Nov? other similar hotels just as nice?

We enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Diplomat Hollywood Fl last year and wanted to fly down for a few days getaway. Hotwire provided us a wonderful rate. I see prices are way up this Nov and wondered if there is a equally nice resort for us to stay at. We love the beach, shuttle to broadwalk and the comfy room and view. Please help. Can get the airline ticket but hotel prices might deter our trip!!!

Why is Diplomat not on Hotwire or Priceline for Nov?

Thanks!!!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
87 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diplomat in Nov? other similar hotels just as nice?

Anyone with suggestion to score the Diplomat at either beginning of Nov or end of Nov? It might be offered....the 4 star is either the Crowne Plaza, Marriot or Diplomat. Please help.

Thanks.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diplomat in Nov? other similar hotels just as nice?

Hotels post on Hotwire or Hotels.com when they need to get rid of rooms. Hotel rooms reservations in the area are up as cruise takers are tacking on days before and after their trips. In Hollywood, The Diplomat is the only hotel of that caliber I can think of. You'll find similar ones to it on South Beach in Miami. In Ft. Lauderdale look into the W or the Westin that's located on the beach (there's another Westin that sounds like its on the beach - be sure to Google them to be sure). There are also smaller hotels in Ft. Lauderdale that are nice but not resorts. You might want to book a more expensive room as a back up and keep checking as the date gets closer. Just make sure your backup room is refundable.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
87 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diplomat in Nov? other similar hotels just as nice?

Thanks. We just wanted to center our getaway around staying at the Diplomat because we liked it so much. I thought it would be avail. because it is the "slower" time between the holiday travel. Maybe they have a convention or something too. ??? It just shows sold out for a week or so straight.

I did check out the W in FLL and maybe we would get lucky enough to score that one.

We will just go for the 4 star in a beach area and enjoy wherever we go. I like the trolley/shuttles that we can get around in and dont have to drive too. Thanks for your suggestions. :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diplomat in Nov? other similar hotels just as nice?

Have you considered the Crowne Plaza down the street? I'm staying there for 2 weeks mid November. This will be the 3rd year in a row that I'm staying there.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
87 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diplomat in Nov? other similar hotels just as nice?

I figured I would just give hotwire a try tonight and book one night. a 95% satisfaction rating came up and I booked it. It was the Diplomat Oceanfront!!! Then I was able to add on a day on the end. I went back and booked for the day before too. I ended up with 3 nights at the Diplomat and will find another hotel for the last night. I have some time to figure that one out and book it.

6. Re: Diplomat in Nov? other similar hotels just as nice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 22:18