We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach ???

Antigua
Level Contributor
199 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach ???

Which is quieter of these two areas in the beginning of December.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach ???

December is a very slow and quite month, especially the beginning of December. I really dont think there is much difference, the island is only 7 miles long. Yes, the northend is a little more residential and quite, less traffic but at that time of year it wont matter. My suggestion is if you are looking for a place to stay, focus on what kind of accomodations you need and go through the search, when you find what appeals to you dont put too much weight on the location.....the whole island is paradise.

Antigua
Level Contributor
199 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach ???

That' great RustycatInn. . What's the weather like in December ?? We're looking at staying at Seaside Inn, What do you reckon, it has very good ratings on TA.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,704 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach ???

Don't expect it to be like beaches in Antigua though ... but it's the best we have in the area. Weather could still be warmish in the beginning of December - water will be chilly though especially coming from Antigua.

Antigua
Level Contributor
199 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach ???

AhHah :) I live in the "Original" Antigua, in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands. Thanks for your input anyway.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,704 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach ???

Water will still be too cold in Dec. You might be able to walk in it up to your knees but will be downright chilly to fully immerse your entire body.

Level Contributor
78 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach ???

We have never stayed at the Seaside Inn but it looks like an adorable, romantic place to stay. I would love to stay there sometime but we have a pet and I don't think they take pets. They have a nice deck to sit and watch sunset. Looks like a quiet place as well.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach ???

Seaside Inn is a great place to stay, perfect location and the property has been updated in the last couple od years, it's part of the Tortuga Inn, Tradeswind and Tropic Isle properties and they are first class.

8. Re: Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Holmes Beach