We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campground.....

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Campground.....

We are looking for a campground on Homosassa Springs with a boat slip or ramp. Does anyone know of a nice one right on the river?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campground.....

Natures Resort. www.naturesresortfla.com

Has a ramp, gas and bait shop. All kinds of different types of camp sites, as well as a few cabins.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
56 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campground.....

Nature's resort is it to meet your campsite, cabin, bait shot, request. There are a few other properties in Homosassa and Crystal River but not a one stop shop like Nature's. The other nice thing about the property is that there are two restaurants within a bike ride or lengthy walk , or short boat ride (if you get a site on the water) Margaritagrille and SeaGrass Pub.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campground.....

Thanks! I reserved at Natures. We booked for July 4th weekend. I'm really surprised they had anything left. On that note, do ya'll know where they'll be shooting off fireworks closeby?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
56 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Campground.....

Fireworks in Homosassa is this weekend, so you'll miss that. But Fireworks in Crystal River on the 3rd will be a go. Go to website www.visitcitrus.com calander of events and you can pull up the flyer to see where the best place to be in Crystal River is to see the fireworks. Probably a restaurant on the water (Crackers, the Port Hotel, Best Western Hotel Parking Lot).

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Campground.....

We might drive down this weekend to check out the fireworks and the camground. I only live about 45 min away. One more thing i wanted to ask. I know there is a place to swim down towards the end of homosassa river. We have anchored there before where the water is pretty clear. Can anyone tell me where else there would be to swim in clear water.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
56 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Campground.....

If you have a boat, most all people anchor up in the "Bluewaters" area right across from the Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park. But by land there's no formal access to the area. You can head up to Hunter's Spring Park in Crystal River a Small City park in the old downtown area about 10-15 miles north of Homosasa Springs on US 19. Otherwise best clear water larger swimming options would be at the Rainbow Springs State Park Headwaters in Dunnellon Florida (a 30 minute drive from Crystal River)

7. Re: Campground.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Homosassa