We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending a week on Hutchinson Island in April

Acworth, Georgia
Level Contributor
203 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Spending a week on Hutchinson Island in April

We were at Plantation Beach Club @ Indian River in October, 2012 and had a fabulous time! We got a private rental for April 2013 (dog friendly, so our 13 year old Black Lab can come too this time!) this time and are really looking forward to it. We did alot of exploring while there ... Bathtub Reef, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Ft. Pierce, Vero Beach, Jupiter, several parks ... even drove out to the locks and Lake Ochecobee (sp?) inland. Open for any suggestions of other things to do and/or see, other beaches, good restaurants (especially dog friendly ones) places to explore, Markets, etc. I've heard there is a place to observe manatees ... in all our times in FL, I've yet to see one! Would love to hear from anyone with any suggestions on any of the above. We stay pretty active and do lots of day trips. We are SO looking forward to this trip ... it's been a long, cold and wet winter with lots of sickeness here in GA this year and we just can't wait! :)

Thanx, Charron and Jack

4 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending a week on Hutchinson Island in April

Just now seeing this. Walton rocks is the dog beach, it's up by the power plant. Took our lab there yesterday(4month old black). Tin fish in Jensen beach has let us have our dog on the patio. Caps island grille on the island allows dogs on their deck as well if I recall correctly. There are places to rent a boat that I think would allow you to take the dog onboard and down to hobe sound beach which is a boat accessible only beach.

Acworth, Georgia
Level Contributor
203 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending a week on Hutchinson Island in April

Thanx for the info ... our dog is a Black Lab too! Maggie ... almost 11 years old tho, but she LOVES the water! This will be great!

York, Pennsylvania...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending a week on Hutchinson Island in April

Go to Round Island on North Hutchinson Island. There absolutely will be manatees there. Sometimes they come right under the small foot bridge you are on and they hang around the kayakers, but some days they stay far from the bridge. Take binoculars just in case.

Acworth, Georgia
Level Contributor
203 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending a week on Hutchinson Island in April

Thanx Bud M, that's great! I just looked it up and got directions! We will be sure to go there!

Reply to: Spending a week on Hutchinson Island in April
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hutchinson Island
More Hutchinson Island Topics