We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

55 plus seasonal rentals?

Erie, PA
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
55 plus seasonal rentals?

Does anyone know of a 55 plus seasonal rental in or near this area? I think because of our budget, a park might be a little more reasonable.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,237 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 55 plus seasonal rentals?

You want a 55s or older only place? Because the whole area is full of over 55 snowbirds in winter lol

Erie, PA
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 55 plus seasonal rentals?

Thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 55 plus seasonal rentals?

Have you checked some of the general rental sites?

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r643

http://www.flipkey.com

http://www.vrbo.com

Edited: 28 June 2014, 06:21
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,237 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 55 plus seasonal rentals?

I wasn't sure if they wanted 55's and older ONLY places.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 55 plus seasonal rentals?

Chewystu,

I did a google search using: 55 plus communities near Indian Rocks Beach

One site that came up that you may want to look at is - www.retirenet.com

On the retirenet.com site, there were some places listed that are in Largo, on the mainland near IRB, also some places listed in Clearwater. other places shown were not that close to IRB, so look at a map to determine if the location is good for you . You will need to do you own research to determine if these communities do seasonal rentals.

Mentioned in this post
Largo
Largo
Florida
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 55 plus seasonal rentals?

The 55+ communities that I'm familiar with are not in the beach communities - but are inland. There are quite a number of mobile home parks up by Tarpon Springs that are 55+ communities. Those parks would be considerably cheaper than any of the condos on the beaches, and would likely offer socials and other community activities.

Beachfront one bedroom condos in the area start around $3000 a month during the winter months - just to give you an idea what their rents would be. Units near the beach, but not right on it would be more reasonable, and communities off the barrier islands would be even more reasonable.

Mentioned in this post
Erie, PA
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 55 plus seasonal rentals?

Thanks everybody for your responses. I now have some different places to check.

8. Re: 55 plus seasonal rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Indian Rocks Beach