We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some inspiration for our next visit to Inverness

Utrecht
Level Contributor
188 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Need some inspiration for our next visit to Inverness

For me this will be the sixth time visiting Inverness. Unlike the rest of our family I'm not a golfer but so far I've entertained myself with visits to Tampa, Homosassa, Crystal River, Orlando and boat trips on the Rainbow River and Withlacochee River.

Net month we will go back to Florida. I'm looking forward to the Florida weather and we will do an overnight trip to Orlando but we have five days left and after reading and googling extensively I'm still lost for inspiration.

I love nature, culture and will travel for good food. Does anyone have some ideas for a non golfer?

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,254 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some inspiration for our next visit to Inverness

Check out Cedar Key, about 1.5 hours north on the gulf coast. Nice Old Florida small town. A few restaurants and shops along the waterfront. Good place for a kayak / canoe trip. Mount Dora is small interesting town near Orlando. Check to see what they have going on, they sometimes have art shows, antique car shows, etc.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,116 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some inspiration for our next visit to Inverness

Inverness has a nice little museum in the old County Courthouse. One of the items it displays is a McClellan Saddle. There is a nice restaurant just down the street from the Courthouse museum called Stump Knocker's. and there is a nice lake side park, Wallace Brooks Park.

At Floral City there is Ft. Cooper State Park.

At Gainesville, there is a geologic feature called Devil's Milhopper Geologic state park, also Kanapaha Gardens

Utrecht
Level Contributor
188 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some inspiration for our next visit to Inverness

Thank you both for the suggestions.

West Side, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some inspiration for our next visit to Inverness

It's festival time all around Citrus County in November. The problem is advertising in not a strong point for any of them. (Unfortunately) You will have to do a little homework on your own when you are here to search them out.

Reply to: Need some inspiration for our next visit to Inverness
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted