We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jacksonville Beach or St Augustine?

Which Jacksonville Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Jacksonville Beach or St Augustine?

I have a weekend to kill in the area before I fly out of JAX. I have never been to the area before.

Which of these areas is better to stay if I just want to veg out, people watch, eat good food and drink good beer?

Does either have a boardwalk area along the beach for strolling and hanging out?

Thanks for any info.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jacksonville Beach or St Augustine?

Hey Rick,

If you're going to be here after May 1st the beach should be a nice place to be and there will be a lot of people to watch. Jax Beach has a boardwalk of sorts but most people with taste for the finer things in life would probably not choose to hang out around the boardwalk.

I'm guessing that you are under 35. Jax Beach is where the younger (under 35) set hangs out. An older / more refined group on average goes to Atlantic Beach / Neptune Beach

St Augustine is a pretty neat little village. There's a St Augustine Beach but the village is probably where you would go instead of the beach. There's a lot to do there that's interesting, and a handful of places where you could just chill out if that's your choice.

My choice would be to go to St. Augustine, but then I live with the beach every day of the year.

Have fun.

Spirit

P.S. Not many people monitor the Jax Beach forum. You'll probably get more responses on the St Augustine forum.

California
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jacksonville Beach or St Augustine?

Spirit,

Thanks for the info. It helps a bunch!

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jacksonville Beach or St Augustine?

I love Jacksonville Beach. The beach is very nice and there are a number of nice beachfront pubs and sports bars. Plus, Jacksonville is a very large city, only 15 minutes away. There is good shopping and sightseeing as well.

4. Re: Jacksonville Beach or St Augustine?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 23:21