We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Fernandina to St. Augustine: Seeking Lodging & Beachs

Which Jacksonville Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
M P
San Francisco...
2 posts
Save Topic
From Fernandina to St. Augustine: Seeking Lodging & Beachs

Going to conference in St. Augustine and have a few days afterwards to relax & enjoy the area from March 22 to 24. Looking for advise for Lodging & more. Open to staying anywhere along the coast from Fernandina to St. Augustine. I do understand Jacksonville is not a tourist destination, but I will already be here and trying to make a vacation out of it with my girlfriend.

After looking through the forums, Spirit recommended Seahorse Oceanfront Inn and I like it for the most part, the balconies, views, but I would like the rooms to be more modern. This is a more extreme but good example, http://www.hoteldeerwoodpark.com. I simply would like the interior design to not look like it has not been upgraded since the 80s/90s. And most the hotels I have checked out, do. Some of the B&B's have a classic vintage aesthetic & that would also be great.

Any suggestions? Open to Hotel, B&B and so on.

Looking for:

- A pool

- Preferably near the beach.

- Beautiful scenery

- Modern Aesthetic

- Bar located in hotel or nearby

- Room Service a plus

- Close to night life a plus

- Of course $150 and below a major plus.

Probably going to rent a car to see the coastline. My girlfriend is not much for activities, she is happy as a clam just to lay on a beach all day. Which beaches should we check out? I like water related activities. Kayaking sounds fun, as well as boat tours etc.

Thank you greatly for your time!

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Fernandina to St. Augustine: Seeking Lodging & Beachs

You would probably like the Ponte Vedra Inn. It's a nice place but it's in a residential area with no restaurants in the area other than the Inn's. You have to drivie a couple miles to get to anything. Someone recently was able to get a special price by calling directly. Take a look at the pictures:

pontevedra.com/inn-and-club-specials.aspx…

Spirit

M P
San Francisco...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Fernandina to St. Augustine: Seeking Lodging & Beachs

Thank you for your recommendation

!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
57 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Fernandina to St. Augustine: Seeking Lodging & Beachs

One Ocean Resort is very modern, right on the beach, and in a great area for shopping and dining. It is a little pricey though, but that time of year you may be able to get a deal.

4. Re: From Fernandina to St. Augustine: Seeking Lodging & Beachs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2013, 10:22
Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville Beach