We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh fish

RI
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Topic
Fresh fish

Can anyone tell me where to get really fresh fish? I'm talking like from a fisherman at a dock as you do in Eleuthera. Now I know there are probably health codes against practices like that but there has got to be a small local outfit selling fresh fish. I asked at Barbour produce they told me publix. I stopped in a New England seafood and they were way over priced. I'm thinking with all the fishing around there's got to be somewhere or someone. Maybe port Salerno? Thanks. I look forward to replies.

2 replies to this topic
Jensen Beach...
Level Contributor
23 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fresh fish

I would check local marinas boat captains on charter boats can probably had you in the right direction

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,897 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fresh fish

Never really see anyone selling fish from boats. It is illegal and most fishermen won't risk the fines. New England Seafood is an excellent place. Nowhere in FL will you find fresh fish off the boat for prices like in the Bahamas, sadly. Port Salerno has the Basin Seafood Mkt with great fresh fish, not any cheaper typically than New England. The greenmarket in Ft Pierce has seafood vendors, sometimes so does the Stuart Greenmarket. Can't believe Barbours would recommend Publix! Sad

Reply to: Fresh fish
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted