We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fly drive accommodation

Belfast, Northern...
1 post
Save Topic
fly drive accommodation

Has anyone any experience of finding accommodation between Orlando and key west in february. We are planning a week in orlando (Villa rented already) and then on to the keys and home via miami. We are getting nervous about finding accommodation as we go.

Are there plenty of rooms available on the trip down the west coast or do we need to book everything in advance. Booking in advance seems a shame as we have chosen this holiday to allow maximum flexibility BUT sleeping in the car does not appeal!

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: fly drive accommodation

February is the "high" season in Florida and reservations are most definitey recommended.

Your most direct route to the Keys from Orlando is via the Florida Turnpike and that roughly goes down the east coast.

Belfast
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fly drive accommodation

martins,

Greetings from the Belfast crew. I would just go with the flow mate, we have been advised not to book in advance as the best deals are the last minute ones i.e on arrival.

Plus there are plenty of hotel discount vouchers on the go.

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fly drive accommodation

Hi Martin

We are hoping to be in Florida on the 11th February for three weeks - I have seen a flight and also a villa to rent for the first week in Kissimmee - we want to see the Rodeo, hence the reason for staying there - what is bothering me is going off towards the Keys etc and not having a bed for the night!!!

If you have sussed out anymore info I would be grateful if you shared it - we two 50/60 somethings dont fancy sleeping rough!

Many thanks

Jan

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,624 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fly drive accommodation

Original post was from 05.

If you have any questions about getting form Orlando to the keys, or need info about the keys, please ask.

Halifax, UK
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: fly drive accommodation

Hi - I'd really appreciate some advice along the same vein.

I'm travelling to Miami in mid January and spending a week in the Keys. My first time there, and i'm really looking forward to it.

So - i'll pre-book my first night somewhere close to Miami, then ideally i'd like to find accommodation as i go.

Should i attempt this? Any advice/tips would be gratefully received!

andy

6. Re: fly drive accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 20:21