We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 girlfriends to get together

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
586 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
6 girlfriends to get together

I can't believe that I am even saying this but as my 5 friends from college and I approach the spring of our 60th yr(it cannot be....), we want to reunite on the Keys or the bay side of Florida for a Spring break reunion next yr.

When we were in college in Ohio, we would drive to state parks(Oscar Scherer, Ft Myer area, John Pennekamp on the Keys), camp because it was all we could afford, and go to the beach. We definitely don't want to tent but we are looking for somewhere to go where we can relax, laugh, drink, eat and relive memories. We are spread out around the country now. I want to find a couple choices. Maybe a condo type place where we can cook dinners, maybe an AI that isn't too expensive. We will want to browse and shop, walk the beach. We are not high maintenance but we want clean, comfortable and very beach friendly. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 girlfriends to get together

Hi! I went to school in Ohio too, and now I live in Fort Lauderdale. I'm not an expert in the keys, but since you have a group, would you consider vrbo.com? Have fun!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
586 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 girlfriends to get together

Thanks I will check it out! (We went to the College of Wooster!)

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,714 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 girlfriends to get together

www.vrbo.com is a pretty good rental site. Lots of places to choose from in the keys. There are no AI in Florida. (well there is 1 at Club Med in Ft. Pierce that is terribly run down) Look at Key Colony Beach, Marathon and Islamorada. Coral Bay in Islamorada is on the gulf side, has efficiency type motel rooms, pool, etc and is pretty quite. The Islander same thing but a little more lively as it is in the center of Islamorada and is in walking distance to a few things. It is on the Atlantic side. Kon Tiki, Continental Inn and there are probably a few more people will recommend. I always recommend contacting the Chamber of Commerce for each of the areas you are thinking of visiting & they will send you and info packet. Since you have been to the keys you know that the beaches aren't like the gulf coast but they are still not bad.

Sounds like a great trip. Hope it works out for all of you.

4. Re: 6 girlfriends to get together

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 05:36