We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August Weather

Charlotte, North...
3 posts
Save Topic
August Weather

I'm planning a trip from August 8th-15th this year. I am a bit worried about the weather at this time of year. I have no issue with heat or humidity. NOAA.gov reports a 30 percent chance of rain every single day, but then says mostly sunny in the same sentence. Should I be worried about getting my vacation ruined from lots of rain and no sun? I normally go to Myrtle Beach SC, and there if it rains, it is miserable all day long. I don't mind a short storm or shower, but I'm driving 13 hours and definitely want to plan a different destination if I'm not going to see a decent amount of sun!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,353 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August Weather

We'll be in Key West August 13 - 20 and I'm not worried about the weather. If it rains, it's usually just for short periods of time. It's rare that it rains all day.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August Weather

very often there will be a bank of big, storm clouds on the horizon but it will be sunny where you are.

Then things will cloud up, it might get a little windy, drops will start to fall and then it will either stop and clear up or you will have a quick downpour that lasts a few minutes and then it clears up.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: August Weather

My first question is this...

Is the information you're referring to specifically specify the Florida Keys? Or is it just talking about Florida in general?

It doesn't rain in the keys nearly as much as it does in "South Florida" -- which is not the keys.

Even in South Florida, when it rains, for the most part it is monsoon rain and it pours and then is done. The sun still shines and it is stll plenty warm!

But I will say, for the first time (for me), we were at the beach the other day, and they actually evacuated the beach because of the storm that was coming in and the lightening. This was in Delray Beach, Florida - South Florida - Palm Beach County -- but then it quickly disappeared and we were allowed back on the beach.

I think you should still plan your vacation ;-)

Danika Dahl

i-love-delray-beach.com/south-florida-weathe…

4. Re: August Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 17:19