We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in Islamorada!

michigan
Level Contributor
420 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Help in Islamorada!

We having been coming to the Keys for 7 years, but we have never stayed in Islamorada! (Always Marathon and KW) This year we thought we might try ISLAMORADA!

We are a family of 4 with our girls being 15 and 17. The parents like quirky..off the beaten path…beautiful and on the water accommodations! The girls like BEAUTIFUL….on the water…maybe other teens around/ volleyball? with cool nature and sea critters or a manatee hanging around! It would be great if there was a kayak available! We love bayside (for kayaking and sunsets) , but oceanside is just fine too!

I have been looking at BREEZY PALMS…PINES and PALMS…The ISLANDER….CORAL BAY RESORT and LIME TREE BAY (which I know is not in Islamorada!)

Any thoughts on any of these?

New suggestions?

THANK YOU!!!

FL
Level Contributor
185 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help in Islamorada!

Try Ragged Edge, we go every year. Ocean side, fishing pier, bicycles for you to use free, no teens hanging around, but it is quirky and tons of critters. Owners super nice and helpful.

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help in Islamorada!

Of the ones you are looking at, I would go with the Islander...we have stayed there and liked it..did not like like Breezy Palms much...

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help in Islamorada!

Plus the Islander is located perfectly...check out Loirleie (sp) for sunset cocktails right across the street, ...also Morada Bay, and the Bar at Pierre's (again spelling...can't recall the name of the bar but a great place)....

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help in Islamorada!

We LOVE Lime Tree Bay!!! If you can put up with small bathrooms (who am I kidding . . . TINY bathrooms!), LTB is a great choice!! It is right on the bay, has wonderful snorkeling in back, kayaks, swimming pool & hot tub, and a friendly staff. We loved our stay at LTB and look forward to returning soon!

5. Re: Help in Islamorada!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 05:19