We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island is best for my family?

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
Which island is best for my family?

We are planning to go to the keys April 2014, which part of the Florida Keys is best for my 15 year old daughter and my 12 year old son? We would probably rent a car and we enjoy being active. We would like to stay at a resort. Any good places or at least what part should we be looking in?

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which island is best for my family?

I'm going to give a very simple, but correct, answer since I don't know anything about your family or what type of vacation you most enjoy (other than you like being active, which can certainly be done on any of the keys).

If you want action, don't mind your boys seeing some adult t-shirts and activities, want plenty of choices for eating and shopping, and want a very walkable city, Key West would be your place. If you want a more laid back city, with some restaurants and shops to choose from, go with Key Largo, Islamorada, or Marathon. If you don't want to encounter lots of crowds and your idea of a perfect vacation is peace and serenity, you don't mind driving for shops and restaurants, and you can make your own fun . . . Choose any other place in the Keys! We like to stay away from the cities and take day trips as needed, but that may not be what you are looking for at all!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,917 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which island is best for my family?

aside from staying in Key West you'll want a car in the Keys. marcomamma offers some excellent advice...

3. Re: Which island is best for my family?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 05:16