We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay

Arizona
Level Contributor
7 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay

What city in the keys should 4 adults stay? We will be there 6 nights and want to kayak, snorkel, and sightsee.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,708 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay

You should do some research on this forum and the Key West forum. There are 100 miles of islands with 4 major ones. Each of them having their own flavor of the keys. We usually recommend staying a few nights Key West and a few night middle or upper keys. However if you don't want to move during your stay you need to decide if you want lots of things in one place which is Key West with Duval street having lot of bars, restaurants, gift shops, etc along with water activites. Or more laid back and nature setting in the middle keys such as Marathon or Islamorada. You can make day trips to the rest of the keys easily from there. And you can do all the activities you mentioned from any of those places.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay

GREAT advice above . . . I second that post!

Arizona
Level Contributor
7 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay

thank you

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,624 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to stay

Little Palm Island

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,677 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area to stay

Oh I love Little Palm Island! You should stay there.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best area to stay

Hello little palm island advocates, can you say a little more about why? I think the upstate ny winter cold (below zero for over a week now) is getting to me and considering heading to the keys. don't know which one or ones. i would like beach, sunsets, good food, kayaking, wildlife and a bit of shopping. I would be traveling alone (fun loving female - 46) most likely as fiancé doesn't travel much. Suggestions?

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best area to stay

Take a look at the Little Palm Island web site. That should tell you a whole lot about why its so fantastic!

http://www.littlepalmisland.com

8. Re: Best area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 07:18