We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

florida keys/isla mujeres

Kent
Level Contributor
6,560 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
florida keys/isla mujeres

currently planning a 3 week trip to florida in sept and want to spend some time, not sure how much yet, in the keys. have just come back from cancun and did a day trip to isla mujeres which we loved. after reading posts and seeing pics they seem to have a similar laid back feel to each other, don't want to only do 3/4 days only to love it and could of stayed a week. anyone whose been to both what are your thoughts please? thanks

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: florida keys/isla mujeres

I found Isla to be more laid back than the keys. I would compare Key West to Cozumel and the upper keys to Isla. Snorkeling is better in Mexico only because you can find really good snorkeling pretty close to shore. Key West has more to do in one concentrated area, the upper / middle keys are more spread out. Both are relaxing and great. I would try to do at least 2 nights Key West and 2 nights in either Marathon or Islamorada.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,560 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: florida keys/isla mujeres

thanks, the more i read the more i'm thinking a week in the keys, staying at maybe 3 would be good, would hate to leave too soon

3. Re: florida keys/isla mujeres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 06:18