We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

want to bring my own boat

mandeville, la
Level Contributor
279 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
want to bring my own boat

Hi! If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. I'm looking to find a house or condo or resort somewhere in the Keys for next Feb. I want to bring my own boat and be able to either launch it from where I'm staying or at least keep it docked where I'm staying. My ideal place would be someplace you could only get to by boat but that is not the main factor I'm looking for.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: want to bring my own boat

Contact Coldwell Banker Schmitt's Big Pine Key office. They have a lot of seasonal rentals, including one just around the corner from me that has a dock and the ramp is just down the road. It's a cute place in a nice, very quiet neighborhood.

mandeville, la
Level Contributor
279 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: want to bring my own boat

Thanks! That's the first place I'll call.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,650 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: want to bring my own boat

I'd hurry. Most of the rental places that I know of are full, and have been for a while.

You can also look on www.vrbo.com or www.rentalo.com

Put in specifics - # of Bedrooms, Baths, location, on water, etc. then start calling or emailing.

Good luck

Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: want to bring my own boat

Great advice, as usual, from buffetguy. Both are great resources. I've used www.vrbo.com extensively and never had any problems dealing with individual owners.

Islandkitty's advice about using Coldwell Banker Schmitt is also great advice. We've rented houses a couple of times through them in Marathon. Here's their website, so you can view the properties they manage throughout the Keys.

floridakeysvacationrentals.net/vrsearch.htm

We rented through Exit Realty for the month of February, '06 and are renting another house through them for the month of February, '07. We are very happy with them, as well, obviously.

http://www.flakeysrentals.com/

According to the real estate companies, February is their busiest month.

5. Re: want to bring my own boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 07:19