We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida Keys Honeymoon

Boston
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Florida Keys Honeymoon

We are considering taking our honeymoon in the Florida Keys. Our first thought is that we would like to fly to Miami and make the drive down, hitting a couple of islands. We have 7-10

days for this trip.

Can anyone suggest which islands and hotels offer beautiful beaches, crystal waters, good food and drinks?

We've never been to the Keys before. I think we will want to spend a couple of nights in Key West just because. From what I've heard this isn't the best island for beaches but more for fun and we need some fun!

Maybe we drive down, stopping at one island, then hit Key West and then one stop on the way back.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. We are looking to relax in the sun and unwind. Looking for moderately priced hotels, I love Little Palm Island but not for $1300 night!

Thank you very much!

Boston
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida Keys Honeymoon

I should mention we will be looking at April 14 or 15 as a launch date, I know we are right around Easter so I'm hoping that's not going to be too much of an issue in the Keys.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,304 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida Keys Honeymoon

The Keys don't have great beaches anywhere compared to places like Hawaii, the Caribbean, or other parts of Florida. They are small, often rocky or full of sea grass. Having said that, the best beaches are in the middle Keys. Sombrero Beach in Marathon is one of the best. Bahia Honda State Park also has a nice beach.

I would spend split my time between The Middle Keys and Key West. Look at Islamorada or Marathon. I think Islamorada has better restaurants, but Marathon has better beaches. They are about 30-45 minutes apart and well located to explore the area. We like Casa Morada, it is pricey, but nothing like a little Palm Island.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida Keys Honeymoon

Just so you know, the keys do have BEAUTIFUL water and a very tropical feel . . . just not wide, sandy beaches! The feeling that I get lying in a hammock by the water in the keys is like no other!! We like the middle keys, personally. Anywhere from Islamorada to Marathon is gorgeous and more laid back and quiet than Key West. I do agree that a couple of days in Key West would be a nice change of pace, though. Congratulations and good luck.:)

4. Re: Florida Keys Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 06:19