We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida nude scuba

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Florida nude scuba

Hi

Whilst there are naturist resorts and beaches in Florida does anyone know of any dive operators in Florida or the Keys that permit nude scuba?

Although naturist travel agencies exist they generally promote week long package tours rather than nude excursions such as dive operators that you can turn up ad-hoc for the day.

Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida nude scuba

Sounds a little risky, considering sharks and also certain parts of you that could be mistaken for fish food

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,920 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida nude scuba

Where are you staying while in the Keys ? Your best bet might be a smaller private boat.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida nude scuba

I don't know about scuba but I believe there is a nude sailboat excursion in Key West if they are still in business. It was mentioned here on TA previously.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida nude scuba

Just noticed your user name... Are you really a reverend...? If so aren't you supposed to wear at least your dog collar.

Lol Carmela....he he

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida nude scuba

I'd think you'd have better luck asking on other types of sites that might specialize in this sort of thing. It's probably out there somewhere.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florida nude scuba

Its not as bad as people think because fish dont like the sound of the scuba reg and the divers air bubbles, also because the diver is transient in there environment they are generally cautious and give divers a wide berth unless you bring food.

If the bigger fish want to eat you they will regardless whether the diver is clothed or not.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,462 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florida nude scuba

by the time you're wearing the necessary gear (weight belt, bc, gauges, booties, flippers, e tc) nude doesn't quite have the same meaning....all it really means is your behind sticking out, as everything else is covered!

Having had run-ins with fire coral and sea mites, you might want to reconsider letting it all hang out.

(and no, the fish won't avoid you much)

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Florida nude scuba

You might be a more appealing food prospect to the fish if you are nude. When eating nuts, it is always easier to go for the shelled ones. The fish wouldn't have to chew through that pesky wetsuit.

And do watch out for those sharp coral reefs, as was mentioned.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,962 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Florida nude scuba

For me it is a temperature thing (although I have to say sunshine makes sense-i'd be keeping my dangly bits away from fire coral and mites lol).

Only in the warmest temps of the year, would scuba be very comfortable w/o a suit of some kind. Even in water temps of 80's, your body will get warm water hypothermia as it wants to be 98.6.

So schedule a trip for July I am thinking.

Magnolia Springs...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Florida nude scuba

Can't vouche for them but here's one:

www.nauticalnudists.com