We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which key next

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
867 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Which key next

We have been to key west last yr and eventually want to go to all of them but trying to decide what one next. Can you please give a run down of all the keys and pros cons and what each one has to offer? Thanks!!!

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,149 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which key next

That's a tall order. Maybe it would be easier for you to say what you want to do on your next vacation and we can chime in with suggestions. I will say that compared to Key West, all the other islands are pretty sleepy with the main emphasis on water activities. Its not unusual for things to shut down around 11pm. They all have good lodging and restaurant choices, just a little more spread out. I love that, just wanted to point it out to you.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,545 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which key next

If you're still thinking of coming without a car - outside of KW might not really work for you.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,679 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which key next

I would get a guide book on the Keys so you can get a good idea of what each Key offers or you could look at the "Things To Do" tab at the top of each of the Keys pages on TA.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
867 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which key next

We loved how laid back key west was and if not in bathing suit in comfy clothes. We have a toddler so being in by 9 ish isnt a problem. We like to eat good local fresh food and we do like some water activities like warmer shallow calmer water. A beachy area would be nice. Maybe a glass bottom boat or sunset cruise or jet ski tour maybe a fishing trip and a place that will cook your catch? Yes i am thinking now we would rent a car i think it would be the way to go for those areas.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
867 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which key next

We also like to relax alot and have pool time beach time and balcony time. We eat out some and cook in some also.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,149 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which key next

Take a look at Islamorada and Key Colony Beach, both have what you are looking for. When are you thinking on going and do you have a budget?

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
867 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which key next

I was looking first more to islamorada, key largo or marathon. Somewhere between may and september. We have a timeshare so i would get a place on my list with them. So maybe islamorada would be next and for us?

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
867 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which key next

How is caloosa cove resort?

9. Re: Which key next

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:16