We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in Amelia Island?

florida
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in Amelia Island?

When I looked at the restaurant section of this website, all the recommendations were for Fernandina Beach. Are there actually no good dining places in Amelia itself? We'll be arriving late at the Omni, after a long drive, and I really don't want to have to get back in the car again to go to dinner.

(How far is the Ritz from the Omni?)

Thank you.

Amelia Island
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island
Level Contributor
343 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in Amelia Island?

Rest easy, Nancy. Fernandina Beach is the name of the town on Amelia Island. So, all of the reviews that you're seeing for Fernandina Beach restaurants are for restaurants on Amelia Island. The island is 13 miles long, and the northern half of the island is called Fernandina Beach. Town is about 15 minutes from the Omni. For your first night, the Omni has its own set of restaurants but the Ritz Carlton is less than 10 minutes away by car.

Fort Wayne...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in Amelia Island?

Arte Pizza is delicious. It is very busy and looks sort of like a dive, but great salad and pizza. Worth any drive to go to a pizza place that uses good ingredients. You can get around the entire island in about 1/2 hour, so don't worry too much about driving to restaurants.

Fernandina Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in Amelia Island?

There are actually great options at the Omni for dinner-PLAE and The Verandah.

Located near the resort is Baxter's-best steak and martini on the island. Horizon's, Bar Zin are nearby as well. The island has over 40 restaurants to choose from all within a short drive of the resort. Check out www.AmeliaIsland.com for a list of restaurants or the concierge at the Omni will have a dining guide. See you soon around the island!

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in Amelia Island?

Just to add to the other's excellent comments, not sure of your definition of "late" but many of the non-resort restaurants close about 9 or 10. If you are going to be close to that time, you might want to consider stopping and eating before you arrive at the Omni as the check-in process (especially if you are staying somewhere other than the Inn) can take some time.

Avon, OH
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in Amelia Island?

Also, there are are a couple restaurants right on Omni property .. 3 that come to mind are Plae, Verandah and Falcon's Nest. I think Falcon's Nest is open until at least midnight so I'm sure you could find something there your first night. However, I do highly recommend going and eating at the restaurants in Fernandina Beach during your stay. There are many excellent choices and the town is quaint and fun to walk around, explore and shop.

florida
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in Amelia Island?

I very much appreciate all the replies.

Since we're staying only one night (just a stop on our snowbird migration back north), we'll definitely need to dine at the hotel or a short walk to restaurant. No way we'd get back in car to drive even 15 min. We usually don't like to dine right in a hotel (Kiawah Island Sanctuary is an exception), so I was hoping there was something walking distance. But we'll stretch our legs before dinner and simply choose the restaurant in the hotel that seems most pleasing. It'll be a Sunday and I wish I could make reservations beforehand, but I guess we'll take our chances so that I can check out each.

Many thanks.

Avon, OH
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant in Amelia Island?

Nancy, the Omni is a hotel and part of a huge HUGE resort area called the Amelia Island Plantation. There are people who live on the property in houses and also condominiums. When you first enter the resort there will be a building for check in . .but there will also be all kinds of little shops (which will probably be closed if you are coming in late on a Sunday) and also several restaurants . . . 3 of which I mentioned above. They are all free standing restaurants. I'm sure each of them take reservations you just need to figure out what time you think you can make it there. I'm sure you will enjoy which ever restaurant you choose :-)

FERNANDINA BEACH
Level Contributor
16 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant in Amelia Island?

No good dining places on Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach? Someone hsas been filling your head with tripe. Brett's Waterway Cafe, at the marina in downtown Fernandina Beach is excellent. Great seafood and scenery. Baxter's Bar and Grill near the intersection of First Coast Highway (A1A) and South Fletcher also has a good reputation for steaks. I am partial to Fancy Sushi on Sadler. Espana, on 4th Street, in Fernandina Beach has superb paella.

Chuck

9. Re: Restaurant in Amelia Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 07:19