We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental home

Which Amelia Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
rental home

Okay...already looking to go back to Amelia next year!!!! That's how much we loved it! Now we LOVED our rental house with only one exception. The front porch. It was big and lovely with lots of chairs.....but it was too low, you could not see the water. BUMMER!!!!!! We only want to stay on the north end.....it was the best. I am trying to find rentals near the one that we rented on that end, but every one I find is always south flethcher, I want to be on Ocean like we were this year. Anyone know of any for rent?? It has to be kind of big, we may have 8-10 people. thanks for the help!!

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental home

Webbsue,

How many beds/baths are you looking for and I will see what I can find. The primary issue you are going to face on the north end is that these are generally old homes that were built on ground level whereas later building code required first floor of bedrooms/living space be elevated at least 11". You also have the large sand dune on the eastern side of Ocean Avenue that blocks your view of the water. But newer houses will have the higher elevation that might give you the view you love.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rental home

I would love to have 4 bedrooms and at least 3 baths.....I know there probably are not many of those, altho some of those homes were insane!!!! We would even consider 2 smaller ones side by side 2 bed 2 bath. I appreciate your help. We were spoiled by the north end so that's the only place we would want to stay.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rental home

I am not the owner, but take a look: http://www.vrbo.com/44869

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rental home

Thanks Steve....unfortunately its still not in the area we are looking for. We want to be on the opposite side of Wolf Park I think its called. Where the road turns into a oneway beach road called Ocean ave. Thank you for checking anyway!!

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rental home

Yes, the property suggested is just south of Main Beach (Wolf Park). I will see what I can dig up.

6. Re: rental home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 07:18